ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

After I plug in a USB device, I need to double click the icon on task tray
before I remove it safely. I note that some pcs just require double click
the icon and then the pcs tell you to safely remove the device whereas
others require to click Stop button on the pop-up menu after double click
the icon on task tray. Can someone tell me where to configure this
behaviour.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray wrote:
> After I plug in a USB device, I need to double click the icon on task
> tray before I remove it safely. I note that some pcs just require
> double click the icon and then the pcs tell you to safely remove the
> device whereas others require to click Stop button on the pop-up menu
> after double click the icon on task tray. Can someone tell me where
> to configure this behaviour.
>
> Thanks,

This cannot be configured by the user. The peripheral device itself is
responsible for how the Safely Remove Hardware module responds. It also
depends on how many devices that support safe removal are attached to the
system.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP