dajman2190

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
So this is my first build for about 10 years and I've hit a roadblock. First, here's my components.

Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX16C9B1RK2/8

Asus Sabertooth 990fx

AMD fx-8350

Tried to boot it for the first time and the CPU LED flashes, and the power LED stays on but nothing. To get the CPU LED to flash again you have to switch of the power from the PSU. I thought it was a BIOS problem so I downloaded the newest BIOS from ASUS and used the USB port in back to update it. (Believe it was successful, flashed continuously for about a minute then turned off.) That still didn't help. Have no idea what to do next, any help would be appreciated. (BTW the 8 pin connector is plugged in :)

Have you used a FAT formatted USB stick, unzipped the downloaded BIOS file, and inserted the USB stick in the Flashback USB port (not all USB ports do support Flashback)? What BIOS version have you updated to?
If affirmative, I would test the board outside the case, with only one RAM stick installed, graphics card, DVD drive, keyboard and mouse.
What graphics card are you using?

dajman2190

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
99.9% sure the BIOS update went ok. It was version 1604, the one Asus said is needed for the 8350. I have the Zotac GeForce GT545, have 2, only have one currently in the motherboard.