i7 2600k
2*4gb DDR3 corsair xms3 at 1600 Mhz
asus p8z68v mobo
Corsair hx750w power supply
Logitech keyboard and mouse
Dell u2311h monitor
coolermaster 690 2 advanced
WD 2tb harddisk

I installed windows 32 bit on it and booted and it works fine . but when i tried to install an ASUS GTX580 DirectCU2 it didnt boot(it doesnt even post, no beeps or anything just the card's leds and the mobo power led lights up).But the card boots on another system and works fine. What bios settings do i have to change in my motherboard?? PLEASE HELP

Solution
I doubt it's any setting that would cause the system not to even turn on. You can try taking out one of the RAM sticks, try using each in turn.

A BIOS update may help.

Since the card works in another system, you know how to hook it up, so the power connections would be OK. You can maybe try a different video card power connection if you have another one to test. Try swapping the power supply with another one, maybe from that system that does boot the card.
I doubt it's any setting that would cause the system not to even turn on. You can try taking out one of the RAM sticks, try using each in turn.

A BIOS update may help.

Since the card works in another system, you know how to hook it up, so the power connections would be OK. You can maybe try a different video card power connection if you have another one to test. Try swapping the power supply with another one, maybe from that system that does boot the card.

Solution

rrgautam93

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

Thanks, turns out it was a problem with the power supply as a few of the power supply's 8 pin power connectors didnt have the sufficient voltage to boot the card.And i thought coolermaster was awesome :(