Need help with budget case

Which one would make a better budget case?

• Cooler Master Elite 430

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Thermaltake Commander MS-I

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

4eyed

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
My bro is building a budget gaming PC. He picked most of the components, except the case. These 2 would fit perfectly in his budget: Thermaltake Commander MS-I and CM Elite 430. He'd prefer the Tt one because of the awesome looks, but if it has some serious flaws in qualit or whatever, then he'll get the CM one. What do you think?

Last build was in a 430 which is great for a budget gaming case.
I had no problems whatsoever with cable management btw.
The Tt looks alright but i certainly don't consider the side-panel windowed.
My biggest problem with low-end Tt cases is their integrated chassis standoffs.
The 430 has a full windowed side-panel and includes brass mobo standoffs.
The only thing the Tt has that the 430 doesn't is USB 3.0.
The 431 has that.

4eyed

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I'm not a pc building expert, but you seem like you are, so do you think these things you listed are enough to get the CM over the Tt which in my and my brother's opinion looks waaaaay better?

Ultimately you buy what you prefer = you have to look at it everyday!
Either one i strongly recommend that you buy 2 more fans.
One 120mm case fan just doesn't cut it cooling wise.
You'll notice all the negatives in regards to mounting fans in the Tt(Newegg feedback)
Front intake fan(crucial)and top mounts are a PITA to install.
Also noticed the tool-less system apparently sucks.
Not a problem in the 430 my friend.
When i shopped for a case in person i had a choice between the 430 and Tt V3 & V4(same case really).
The quality just isn't there in a Tt case compared to a CM.

4eyed

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Ok. We already have 2 120mm fans, which were very cheap but cool very good. We'll get the 430. It may not look so good, but i don't doubt in quality of CM cases. Thank you!

EDIT: Could you post a pic of your 430 PC from the windowed side, just want to see how it looks like.

It's easier to install your top and rear exhaust fans first before you put the mobo(and or aftermarket heatsink)=common sense!
212+ fits nicely btw.
Good luck with the build:)

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

+1

depending on case. best to install the fans first and i know in my case the psu as well

i know i used a different case (antec 300)

but if i installed the psu after the motherboard there would have been much swearing as i used a full atx motherboard in there and there wasnt enough room for fingers so would have been very tricky

plus getting the psu in first means you can tie away cables you wont use for example i had a load of pci-e conecters and a spare 4 port molex i wouldnt use.

make sure to have plenty of cable ties no matter what case you decide on