ID: 41/ Kernel-Power/Bugcheckcode 0 (consistent cause of crash)

prules

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
So I recently upgraded my HP OEM. I wanted a new gfx card, wouldn't fit so I got a HAF 912, corsair 750w (non-modular) and a sapphire 6950 2gb. I put my old mobo in the new case (I just kept the ram/CPU+cooler on it), had my cables set up and thought I was good to go. Computer boots up fine, and I am able to do any kind of browsing/netflix/etc. for hours without issues. However, my computer is getting the random crashes that require a hard reset whenever I play BFBC 2. I am running the game pretty much maxed out (minus HBAO), getting 60 frames and everything is gravy.

-Temperatures & loads when I crash (I run dual a second monitor 15'' with my temps and such):
CPU is about ~70c (it NEVER goes above like 72c, which I find kind of suspicious) and the max load is 60%.
GPU is maxing at about 56c around 70-80% load, which seems pretty good for this card. Fans are going about 30-40 max.

I have pretty good cable management, so nothing blocking GPU/CPU airflow. My room is not hot at all. Cool air going in from the front of my case, blowing air out through the top and back. My computer boots up fine and does everything at an appropriate speed, and its consistently crashing while playing BFBC2 anywhere from 40minutes to 2 hours (not running any background apps other than Core Temp and MSI Afterburner). Drivers are up to date. I'm not super well-read on hardware, but I really DON'T see how I am having this issue. Anyone have any ideas on some common culprits for this issue?

MarkSchmidt

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
I have the excact same problem :(

My PC just crashes after a ending round in BC2 and BF3 when its about to load the next map.
And it crashes only in games.
I tried stresstesting my GPU's.

And Im still searching for solutions, I want to throw my PC in the harbour when it does that:(

My system is powerful enough to run it:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090TBE/AM3 3.2GHz
ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3
Corsair 1600MHz XMS3 DDR3 4GB
2 x Club3D Radeon HD 6870 CGAX-68724F
Corsair Professional Series HX 1050W

zwitterj

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I have the same problem as well unfortunately. Recently bought a computer with ASUS mobo, ASUS 6850 graphics card, i5-2500, 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM (sorry specs aren't too detailed), but after running BFBC2 about 30-50 min I get an irrecoverable kernel crash and don't even appear to be receiving a Windows crash dump. I just saw some critical kernel error in Windows event logs. The PC doesn't crash on any other game I've tried so far.

zwitterj

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I have the same problem as well unfortunately. Recently bought a computer with ASUS mobo, ASUS 6850 graphics card, i5-2500, 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM (sorry specs aren't too detailed), but after running BFBC2 about 30-50 min I get an irrecoverable kernel crash and don't even appear to be receiving a Windows crash dump. I just saw some critical kernel error in Windows event logs. The PC doesn't crash on any other game I've tried so far.