Solved

Minimum average cpu temp

Hi all,
I have an Athlon II X4 640 3GHZ... got three questions:

1.)Would there be problems from the cpu idling between 39 - 45 degrees fahrenheit most of the time?
I have a stock cpu cooler, but the environment the computer is in is mostly on the colder side.

2.)Would there be harmful condensation issues when;
I come in and the computer is idle, core temp (and BIOS) show it 39 degrees F and after a minute or two of usage it's around 80 degrees F.

3) what if the room heater out here dies, and the CPU is in the 32F range for a day or two straight.

thanx :sol:
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about minimum average temp
  1. Best answer
    1. That's an excellent temperature. I'd actually be inclined to suspect that of being in Celsius, which would be a little high but nothing harmful.

2. No. Condensation occurs when air cools down, not when it heats up. Warmer air can store more water, not less. Check your 8th-grade science (not all that long ago for me ;) )

3. Definitely no problem. Your CPU works better at lower temperatures. People apply liquid nitrogen to CPUs to get them as cold as possible for overclocking records: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN6IVCv83oM&feature=relmfu
  2. Best answer selected by ericpeacock79.
  3. that's kinda what i figured, just wanted to bounce it off someone else. thanx :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers