Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nzxt zero 2 cable management

Last response: in Components
January 22, 2012 2:11:00 PM

i have the nzxt zero 2 case and i was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on better cable management. i think i have been able to do a decent job since this was my first build. here are some pics and all criticism is welcome.
" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

More about : nzxt cable management

a c 104 ) Power supply
January 22, 2012 2:43:08 PM

Christ on a bike!

Now heres a challenge hehe,
Only on my phone atm so sorry for short answer,
First thing is flip the hdd around so the sata and power feed from the back,
But I also notice that the rear panel in those pics is actually the cases side panel,
You have very little room to play with,
If you are near Notts in the Uk, bring it to me and I'll do what I can hehe
If not I'll throw some ideas up when I get to a pc
Moto
Score
January 22, 2012 2:49:44 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Christ on a bike!

Now heres a challenge hehe,
Only on my phone atm so sorry for short answer,
First thing is flip the hdd around so the sata and power feed from the back,
But I also notice that the rear panel in those pics is actually the cases side panel,
You have very little room to play with,
If you are near Notts in the Uk, bring it to me and I'll do what I can hehe
If not I'll throw some ideas up when I get to a pc
Moto

yea im in the usa. i cant flip the hdd since that rear part of the case cannot be removed. i cant even fit cables through the holes.
thanks for the help though
Score
Related resources
January 22, 2012 2:58:53 PM

You need to remove the front panel to insert the HDD's, DVD. Just pull on one side of the front case and you should be able to remove it. Most are attached by integral plastic clips attached to the fron pane, often called bezel.
I just looked at a review on that case. The upper front panel is held by magnets and swings open to the right.
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2012 2:59:31 PM

can't comment on the wiring in that case but the CPU heatsink is definitely facing the wrong way
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2012 3:00:06 PM

sticky cable tie bases, and clamp all of the cables to the back wall of the case. Where you have to bring cables to the front, do it where metal is blocking airflow anyway. on i39, the only place I see where you are causing airflow issues, is on the right hand edge of the mobo, actually it looks quite clean other than that, messy but clean for air.
Having said that you are remarkably lacking on intake fans by the looks of it, any 'issues' that you have a more likeky to be because of this than because of cables getting the way, looks like you have 3 exhausts, 2 larger and 1 smaller, 120's and 80's?
Score
January 22, 2012 3:11:05 PM

unksol said:
can't comment on the wiring in that case but the CPU heatsink is definitely facing the wrong way

the cpu cooler only mounts on amd processors north to south. on intel it mounts east to west. i heard there was a bracket that would allow me to mount it east to west but i havent had any luck finding it.

Quote:
13thmonkey

sticky cable tie bases, and clamp all of the cables to the back wall of the case. Where you have to bring cables to the front, do it where metal is blocking airflow anyway. on i39, the only place I see where you are causing airflow issues, is on the right hand edge of the mobo, actually it looks quite clean other than that, messy but clean for air.
Having said that you are remarkably lacking on intake fans by the looks of it, any 'issues' that you have a more likeky to be because of this than because of cables getting the way, looks like you have 3 exhausts, 2 larger and 1 smaller, 120's and 80's?

i have 4 120 mm side case fans also that are intakes. and yea the 3 exhausts are 2 120mm and 1 80mm
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2012 3:31:25 PM

quite frankly I would not use that cooler as its only average and arctic cooling designed the bracket wrong. espcially with that case having such a small top exhaust fan. I suppose with those side intakes between it and the GPU, and one exhaust fan above it it may be ok, but it looks like all your CPU heat is gonna shoot straight into your PSU. And the hotter it gets the faster its fan will go and the more heat it will suck in.
Score
January 22, 2012 3:35:49 PM

unksol said:
quite frankly I would not use that cooler as its only average and arctic cooling designed the bracket wrong. espcially with that case having such a small top exhaust fan. I suppose with those side intakes between it and the GPU, and one exhaust fan above it it may be ok, but it looks like all your CPU heat is gonna shoot straight into your PSU. And the hotter it gets the faster its fan will go and the more heat it will suck in.

yea i was thinking about replacing it. now they have released this cooler http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/473/freezer-a30.h... . as you can see it mounts east and west on amd processors. im going to wait for reviews before i buy it though. you have any suggestions to any other coolers that are good for an amd phenom 2 965?
Score

Best solution

a c 104 ) Power supply
January 22, 2012 5:08:33 PM

I'd be getting the drill and dremel out for that case, you can cut holes where the provided ones aren't enough for connectors to fit through, or remove the plugs and re-attach after feeding the cables through, either works
You have a floppy drivebay above the hdd cage? use that to tuck wires into as well as the unused areas where the optical drives are
but for cablef free in this case its going to take some serious thinking and a bit of modding I reckon,
it all depends how far you want to go with it but you can as mentioned get blocks to zip tie them to out the way at the back, they'll be visible but not blocking airflow
Moto
January 22, 2012 5:58:56 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
I'd be getting the drill and dremel out for that case, you can cut holes where the provided ones aren't enough for connectors to fit through, or remove the plugs and re-attach after feeding the cables through, either works
You have a floppy drivebay above the hdd cage? use that to tuck wires into as well as the unused areas where the optical drives are
but for cablef free in this case its going to take some serious thinking and a bit of modding I reckon,
it all depends how far you want to go with it but you can as mentioned get blocks to zip tie them to out the way at the back, they'll be visible but not blocking airflow
Moto

damn i was afraid of that. i never used a dremel before so i dont want to take the chance and butcher my case. ill keep at it though and by some sticky zip ties and work it out some more. i probably should have went with a modular psu for this case but oh well.
Score
a c 111 ) Power supply
January 22, 2012 11:26:11 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
No probs man, we live we learn :p 
My other halfs case was a similar nightmare
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...
give me a pm if you ever get the urge and a dremel mate,
Moto

I love that you are such a diy guy. I will ask you if I ever need help modding my case :) 
Score
a c 104 ) Power supply
January 23, 2012 12:06:43 AM

No sweat man :-)
I'm always happy to help out
And ty for the compliment
Moto
Score
January 23, 2012 4:21:33 AM

I have an ultra m923 and your cable situation is about like mine, I do have one advantage though my psu mounts at the bottom, but your case appears roomy enough so atleast your getting some airflow and not everything crammed together. My setup is a little worse b/c I have 2 ssd's and 3 mechanical hdd's in there as well.
Score
January 30, 2012 10:16:03 AM

Best answer selected by lw3.
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 30, 2012 11:35:46 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!