jilly1231

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hello :) I am really sorry if this is in the wrong section I am new to this. I am looking to buy a computer and so far I found 2 and built one myself. Can you take a look and tell me what you think my best choice would be! Thank you i really apperciate it!

Link for the first one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227365

Second one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883147971

And heres the one I attempted to build lol:
"Gamer Fire 500
Case 1 x Xion Echo Gaming Case-Blue
Case Lighting 0 x None-
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction 0 x None-
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion 0 x None-
Processor 1 x AMD FX-4100 CPU (4x 3.60GHz/4MB L2 Cache)-
Processor Cooling 1 x Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD]-[Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
Memory 1 x 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1333 Memory Module-** FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1600 ** Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card 1 x AMD Radeon HD 6750 - 1GB-Single Card
Video Card Brand 1 x Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA-
Motherboard 1 x ASUS M5A97 -- AMD 970-
Motherboard USB / SATA Interface 1 x Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface-
Power Supply 650 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2
Primary Hard Drive 1 x 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Data Hard Drive 0 x None-
Optical Drive 1 x 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
2nd Optical Drive 0 x None-
Flash Media Reader / Writer 0 x None-
Meter Display 0 x None-
USB Expansion 0 x None-
Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-
Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
Operating System 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit
Keyboard 1 x iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard-
Mouse 1 x iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse-
Monitor 0 x None-
2nd Monitor 0 x None-
Speaker System 0 x None-
Headset 0 x None-
Video Camera 0 x None-
Case Engraving Service 0 x None-
Warranty 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service-
Rush Service 1 x Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days
Subtotal* $701.00 (plus tax & shipping)"

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
You do realize that that's exactly what she(he)'s saying, right? It clearly shows an iBuyPower customized PC and the OP's never claimed anything else.

@jilly -

Both those PC's in your links are so highly overpowering, that you won't be needing a smidgeon of that OTT power, unless you're looking to run specialized apps on them. As outlander said, please state your exact planned usage, and whether you're certain 'bout getting a pre-build unit.

If you're open to the idea of an assembled one, you can get one exactly tailored to your needs, that'll also be upgradeable, of better quality and probably a tad cheaper too. In that case, for your benefit, post back according to this thread - How to ask for new build advice

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
If you had to choose between the 3 go with the HP. Though I rather go with option 4, build one or have someone else build you one. You can probably find a mom & pop computer place which will build it for you for a small fee, than you can control the parts that go in it.

jilly1231

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Oh I am really sorry I was not aware of the guide okay well here it is:

Approximate Purchase Date: This weekend at some point

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) 500-800ish

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Sims 3, Internet, School Work, Pictures

Parts Not Required: Screen

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I posted these in my first post but honestly don't have a perferred site

Country of Origin: US

Parts Preferences: Well Ati Graphics card and intel for the processor but honestly this isnt too much concern

Overclocking: Not sure what this is I`m sorry /:

SLI or Crossfire: Not sure about this?

Monitor Resolution: How do I find this out?

Additional Comments: I am really sorry for what I do not know I am really new to this as you can see. I just want a good computer to run the sims 3 and to go on the internet and stuff like that!
Thank You all for helping! :)

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
well if you are only interested in light work loads and have preference for intel cpu
then I would suggest a i5 2400 or the even cheaper i5 2300 paired with a h61 or h67 motherboard. 8gb ram and win7 64bit.

i3 2100 would be even cheaper and could work for you but I don't like recommanding duo core processor.

as for the new AMD processor the jury is still out on their performance but they looks disappointing espcially without the support of high core count in fx4100.
would recommand a older phenom II for budget build at this point.

if you not sure about overclocking or sli then chances are you won't need it.
over clocking refers to manually making your computer run at faster speed then default. you will need a "K" version of CPU which would bring it to the mid budget gaming range.

screen resolution depend on your monitor.

intel build with i5 2400 system would be something like this (only rough price)
win7 home premium $100
i5 2400 $190
(for comparison i3 2100 is only around $130)
ASRock H61M-VS LGA 1155 $55
Crucial 8 GB $50 (think 4Gb one is around $30)
PSU good reputable one at around 500W $ 50
AMD HD 6770 $110
case: which one you fancy, say around $50 should more then cover a basic case.

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM is the best priced HDD right now at $65
harddrive price actually gone up recently so there aren't as much choice.
Thats $700 build without monitor that would work a lot better then your build.

About same price as Hp one but it has superior graphic card and a matching CPU. But you can lower the CPU and graphic card to lower cost and still get a system that can play sim 3 great.

AMD build would be good for low budget. I just highly advise against a fx4100 build at this stage.

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Firstly, for your needs, you really need to look at getting a laptop maybe.

If however you're convinced that you need a desktop, even then, there is no way in hell you need to spend the entirety of your budget. You can get a high quality, powerful, reliable, upgradeable, good looking PC for much less. I'll look at future proofing your system and also keep room for easy upgradeability in a couple of year's time or something if need be.

CPU: $125 Intel Core i3-2100

Mobo: $90 ASUS P8H67-M LX

RAM: $50 Corsair vengeance 8GB

HDD: $60 Samsung Spinpoint 1TB

ODD: $20 SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA with LightScribe Support - OEM

PSU: $35 Corsair CX430 V2

Case: $40 Cooler Master Elite 430

TBH, you don't even need the discrete GPU. The integrated graphics is gonna be good enough for your needs.

But in case you want it - $95 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770

The above specs are gonna be excellent just the way they are. If you want a quad - $190 Intel Core i5-2400

AMD alternative ---

CPU: $130 AMD Phenom II X4 965

Mobo - $60 ASUS M5A78L-M LX
Don't even bother. Just crazy geek talk for hardcore gamers and geek boys
Just click on THIS LINK and you'll get your answer :pt1cable:

EDIT: Actually, the Ideacenter in Wisecracker's link looks pretty good to me. If sorting out individual parts for your build seems too exhausting and/or confusing, you can just get that, and be done with. The upgrade path may be limited (not non-existent, mind you), but it'll be the easier option to take.