How to turn off the beeping of my UPS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Hello,

Can anyone plz tell me how to tone down, or turn off the "battery on" beeping sound of my UPS???
It's driving me crazy, with small voltage fluctuations, it keeps going 'beep-beep' like 7-8 times and then silences, then again in five minutes or so, the ah heck beeps again.

My UPS is some chinese product, (Perfect power solutions, smthing lyk that) and ever since I had it, my problems have been magnifying in nature and annoyance.

Is there any hardware tweak that I can do to shut the noise off or at least lower it???

Anything will be appreciated!!
thx

Solution
Presuming that they use similar internals, your UPS might be overloaded. That's easy to check; disconnect it from the wall outlet while the PC is running the applications that you normally use when beeping occurs and see if the PC cleanly shuts down or if the UPS powers off within a few seconds.

The sensitivity can normally be adjusted via the monitoring application or a switch in the back of the UPS. You can muffle the speaker if it isn't too difficult to get at.

It would help if you could provide us with the exact make and model number of your UPS. Describing it as some Chinese product is way too vague.

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

I couldn't find my UPS's model on google. The company doesn't have a website.

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

That is not my UPS. Its from some brand called "perfect", and I am sure it's chinese coz a bunch of chinese references came up on google when I searched it.

The sound I get is like 3-4 times continuos beeps (`0.5 s gap), and then again get it after 5-10 mins.

Anyway, I have decided to pull out the buzzer from it. I plan on getting a new UPS with my new system in a month or two. So wont bother about it much now.

Presuming that they use similar internals, your UPS might be overloaded. That's easy to check; disconnect it from the wall outlet while the PC is running the applications that you normally use when beeping occurs and see if the PC cleanly shuts down or if the UPS powers off within a few seconds.

Solution

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
the ups gives backup for 5 mins allryt, but that is not the concern. its how it beeps when it gets switched to battery power and then mains and to and fro for 4-5 times, which i believe is a voltage issue.

Anyway, I have muffled it wiht some cotton and it doesn;t bother me much.

Status
Not open for further replies.