New build, please help

ilikemoneygreen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hello, I would love your advice on this build. anything you think about this computer please say, im not going to bite any of you. Id rather get as much knowledge out of you guys then limited information so please, PLEASE rant or talk on and on about this below. Thank you!
Case:
Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition Gaming Case-Black
Case Lighting Sleeved LED Case Lighting-Blue
Processor:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500 Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)- (Maybe going to overclock)
Processor Cooling:
Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel)-ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow) (Is it crappy to go go withthis liquid cooled system?)
Memory:
8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti - 1GB-Single Card
Motherboard:
ASUS P8Z68-V LX -- Lucid Virtu Technology-
Power Supply:
750 Watt -- Thermaltake TR2 TRX-750M-FREE Upgrade to Thermaltake 850 Watt
Primary Hard Drive:
500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Optical Drive:
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
Meter Display:
NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display-
Sound Card:
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE-
Network Card:
Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel)-64-Bit
Advanced Build Options:
Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Basic Pro Wiring
Advanced Build Options:
Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound-The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks

Thank you so much for checking this out. I am having a company physically put the computer together for me by a company that I have used in the past. However, I need to choose all the parts myself from a wide selection that they have in stock.

My interpretation of the most important parts of the build are

-CPU

-Video Card

-Power Supply

-Motherboard

I am willing to pay extra for top of the line cooling and a premium case for better airflow, but I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on top of the line CPUs that are only slightly better. I think I have come up with a slightly modest but still high performance gaming computer. Please tell me what you think.

Also, the things I have been considering are over-clocking and potentially using a SSD (but I literally know almost nothing about SSD's). Any advice you could give me would be amazing. Thank you so much!

Lutfij

Titan
:lol: okay there isn't :)

dya need all that power from PSU?ditch the sound card - the onboard on that asus is plenty for any gamer. instead of the tuniq see if you can pick up the arctic cooling MX-4

but honestly, you could do it all on your own. all the texts in your initial post justs screams out XFX boxed marketing. i mean c'mon!
Advanced Build Options:
Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Basic Pro Wiring
now whats that? is that some sort of cablemanagement professional?

instead of the thermaltake, maybe look at the corsair carbide 400R or the 500R

ilikemoneygreen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Great advice guys,
Ditch sound cad
Ditch liquid and go fan
Maybe to a lower psu
Go with arctic instead of tuniq
Go with corsair carbide case. (Was their a reason for switch from thermaltake? not much room?)

Can i have some more advice on ssd? Im guessing maybe a 100gb ssd for the OS and a large hdd for my personal data but id some input . Also am i to assume the professional wiring thing is a gimmick? haha no problem doing it myself if its not gaining me anything.

Lutfij

Titan
for a GTX 550Ti you'll need a good quality 550W PSU - or less and if you're going sli for that 550 than a 750W should be plenty for alot more HDD's

carbide's look awesome IMO , than the thermaltake camel hump stuff - if you wer getting a thermaltake armor a few years ago than I'd be quiet...but at this day , tech and age - you gotta see what everyone else is doing to their cases.

corsair - better overall build quality of going with 500R, really neat cablemanagement, aesthetically appealing.

you can pick up a corsair Force 3 120GB SSD for $180. with all those lil things that were dropped, maybe you can include that ssd.

if you build your own than the knowledge you gain is more valuabble - getting it done by someone else is just plain robbing you off of money since its easy to do.

just head over here and you'll get an awesome tutorial/idea from members on cablemanagement.