P8p67-m pro sound problem

Gforce91

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Hello,
i have a problem that the sound on my p8p67-m pro motherboard doesnt work , i have tried anything to solve this problem but i could not .

Gforce91

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
windows 7 ultimate64 bit.. (( after format it ))
windows 7 home premium 64 bit (( before format ))
in both windows the sound does not work , as u see i have tried formating the pc and i have tried reinstall realtek ..
i made the speaker as the default one ..

i was thinking that the problem is in the hardware but when i connect the speaker or anything it appears that i connect something ..

when i do sound testing it gives me in the monitor there is a sound but actually there is nothing ..

I use the P8P67-M PRO.

First, I highly doubt that there is a defect in the motherboard.

1. Read pages 1-25/26 in your manual carefully to understand where you should plug in to the rear panel ports.
Plugging into the wrong ports will not hurt, and may seem to almost work

2. If your headphones are connected to the front panel of your case, make certain that the front panel headers are connected properly.

3. I would not bother with a discrete sound card.

4. Make certain that you have installed the sound drivers correctly.
Get the latest version from the internet.

5. Is the sound volume turned up high enough?

Gforce91

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
i bought the motherboard maybe 2 years ago so i dont know if the board is still under warranty or not .. but i faced this problem maybe 1 year ago but it was fine cause i had a monitor with speakers , but when i changed my monitor i faced this problem .
i faced this problem with the rear panel but i dont know if the front panel is working or not cause when i changed the realtek to the front panel i dont know where is the front panel , i red the manual but i didnt understand how to connect the headphone to it..