Grphic memory

Mosa

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
hey hi !
first of all my English is not so good but i will try to explain as good as i can
i have Compaq Sr5510 PC & i had tried a web canyourunit dot com to know dat my PC can run some games or not and through this web i discovered that my built in vdo ram was 700 mb then upgrade it with ati 5670 1 GB card then this web showed that my vdo ram is 1.7 GB i thought that my mobo had shared its 700 mb to my grpx card two days ago i upgrade a ram and after that i checked my pc through this web and i cam e to know that vdo ram is now 2.7 GB but the mistery is that my system ram is 4 GB as i have one 2 gb of Kingston and 2 GB Corsair then why my PC is showing 2.7 GB vdo ram

plxx guide me

Solution
If your Graphics card has 1 GB of Vram (Memory) Then that is basically what you have.
Windows divides up your System ram into sections so that its easier for it to access it should it need to.
What you are seeing is that windows has allowed itself the option to use the 2.7 GB of System Ram for Video work.

It wont use it and it is probably reported incorrectly. I have seen several posts about this issue of late.

So in real terms you have the Video memory that is on the card for gaming and Windows will use a small amount of your system ram for 2d graphics. the Text on this page is still graphics, this is the sort of thing that will use system Ram not gaming.

Mactronix :)
Its not a problem, just the way windows reports available Ram.
As long as the PC is playing games and performing well then don't worry about it.
It is not stealing your System ram for use with the Video card you still have all the system Ram available to the system.

I have simplified the response slightly due to you saying your English is not so good.
If you want more detail i would be pleased to add to my reply.

Mosa

Distinguished
May 21, 2011

i want to know what is the actual vdo rami have

If your Graphics card has 1 GB of Vram (Memory) Then that is basically what you have.
Windows divides up your System ram into sections so that its easier for it to access it should it need to.
What you are seeing is that windows has allowed itself the option to use the 2.7 GB of System Ram for Video work.

It wont use it and it is probably reported incorrectly. I have seen several posts about this issue of late.

So in real terms you have the Video memory that is on the card for gaming and Windows will use a small amount of your system ram for 2d graphics. the Text on this page is still graphics, this is the sort of thing that will use system Ram not gaming.

Solution
Did you put in the ram the right way ? I have 3 different types of ram and i have to put in first the one wich i have two off ( the originals from the factory and inbetween them and in the last one the others. Mine looks like this ; first slot-Kingston, second slot-Corsair, third slot-Kingston and fourth slot one other brand. ( my system doesn't regognize the manufacturer of the fourth an i forgot the name myself. ) When i do it different it will be 8G in Windows but only 4G in Bios. Don't know if it will make a difference in your case.

Mosa

Distinguished
May 21, 2011

THANXXXX buddy
1 thing more what abt the mobo built in ram that is shering vid my grpx card is it also a fake thankzz again

If the PC specs say that the Video memory with the On board is Shared then that would be sharing your system Ram.
Adding a dedicated card would/should have disabled the on board and so it now wont be sharing it.
If it is called dedicated memory then that means it has its own memory separate from system memory.