Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Mice problems

Last response: in Components
January 22, 2012 11:02:15 PM

hey guys,
i am having a problem with my laptop not being able to see mice on my laptop. i am using a ball mouse i got with my dell desktop. it works but when i plug it in my laptop it does not see it. it use to be able but something happens and i had to wipe my laptop and reinstall windows. when i plug it in it says usb device not recognized. when i go into hardware it says unknown device and it doesn't work so i don't know what to do i went all over forms and i could not find any thing that was helpful. so please help me.

More about : mice problems

January 22, 2012 11:18:59 PM

It sounds like you need a driver for that mouse. You can Google the name of your mouse followed by the model number and the word driver.

Something like this: "genius mouse 454-xyz driver"
Score
January 23, 2012 1:22:31 AM

i cant find one for my mouse mouse/m-uk del3 thats it
Score
Related resources
January 23, 2012 1:47:56 AM

That seems to be one of the old Dell/Logitech mice. If the laptop has Windows 7 on it, i doubt you will find a driver for the mouse.

Windows 7 uses a different type of driver than XP, so a lot of the old XP hardware will not work.

I do not know about your locale, but where I live you can get good new mice for $10 and under.
Score
January 23, 2012 1:58:57 AM

i have xp on it
Score

Best solution

a b D Laptop
January 23, 2012 2:44:54 AM

did you try dell with you service tag to get the driver http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ca/en/cadhs1?c=ca&l... if this is not working then you need another mouse
January 23, 2012 2:05:29 PM

Best answer selected by wanger212.
Score
January 23, 2012 3:21:04 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!