ASUS GTX 560 OC v EVGA GTX 560 OC v Sappphire 6950 2gb v Palit GTX 560- 2GB

I'm building my own computer soon and can't tell the difference between these 4 graphics cards.
The ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP OC has 1gb of memory and 925 / 4200MHz Clock.
The EVGA GTX 560 SuperClock has 1gb of memory and 900 / 4212MHz Clock.
The Sapphire 6950 has 2gb of memory and 800 / 1250MHz (5.0Gbps) Clocks.
The Palit GTX 560 has 2gb of memory and 810 / 4008MHz Clock.
I don't care price wise for these 4 cards I just want to know the pros and cons in terms of 1920x1080 single screen resolution for gaming, and which one will be better for near future games. Will getting 2 of them with SLi or Crossfire be worth it?
My system will have i5-2500k overclocked, WD Caviar Black HDD, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard, 8gb vengeance RAM, and very good air cooling everywhere. Any help would be great. Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about asus evga sappphire 6950 palit
  1. For now with these settings you'll be fine with 1G. To be futereproof i advice an 2G, but other people say you probably never use the 2G. It's a quess what will happen in the future. When money is no issue and you really want to be sure go for the 2G. ( and i would go for the 6950 but thats just personal favorism for AMD )
  2. GreenDutchAlien said:
    For now with these settings you'll be fine with 1G. To be futereproof i advice an 2G, but other people say you probably never use the 2G. It's a quess what will happen in the future. When money is no issue and you really want to be sure go for the 2G. ( and i would go for the 6950 but thats just personal favorism for AMD )


    Yeah I was thinking that, and maybe overclock it to become like a 6970.
    I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about the clock speed, why is the 6950's so low? or am I reading it wrong?
  3. It's 800 mhz, that's not so slow i think. There are oc versions up tot 880 or more. And clockspeeds don't say everything. Just look at benchmarkresults and you see that with the same clockspeed it's doing better than the older cards. If you can get an refence card you can make it a true 6970 by the way, but they are rare.
  4. Oh, by the way, crossfire will give a great performance boost, just be sure your psu is up to it. ( don't go cheap there )
  5. GreenDutchAlien said:
    Oh, by the way, crossfire will give a great performance boost, just be sure your psu is up to it. ( don't go cheap there )


    Okay, i'm probably going to get 6950 then. Always wanted to try AMD. For PSU, would a Corsair 650W Enthusiast be enough with crossfire? I used eXtreme lite psu calculator and put 2 6950's and said 600W recommended. If not I can't see it needing more that Cooler Master Gx-750W.
  6. CHasouros said:
    Okay, i'm probably going to get 6950 then. Always wanted to try AMD. For PSU, would a Corsair 650W Enthusiast be enough with crossfire? I used eXtreme lite psu calculator and put 2 6950's and said 600W recommended. If not I can't see it needing more that Cooler Master Gx-750W.


    Should be enough. http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1488/18/
    I think the Corsair is better than the Coolermaster GX 750 ( altough i've got that one meselff )
    If you still have to buy the PSU maybe this one is also very nice ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371049, 20 bucks cheaper with rebate and just as good.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Memory Graphics Product