Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GETTING RAM TODAY

Last response: in Memory
November 22, 2012 9:56:35 PM

Which one of these 4 is the best ram i can get for my processor i5 3570k????????

G skill
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G skill Ares series

Corsair Vengeance

Corsai Vengeance 14 100% reviews

Please help...

More about : ram today

a c 128 } Memory
November 22, 2012 10:44:20 PM

Get the ram that's on sale. Your cpu isn't designed to run the ram faster than 1600 and only on some boards. Some boards will default to 1333. Your cpu will still overclock just as well; I leave my ram setting in auto or manually set it lower so it will be at the correct speed when overclocking the cpu. Actually, some of the best ram is samsung low voltage 1.35 which is only rated at 1600. I've been inside their austin tx fab and it's fabulous!
m
l
November 22, 2012 10:48:52 PM

o1die said:
Get the ram that's on sale. Your cpu isn't designed to run the ram faster than 1600 and only on some boards. Some boards will default to 1333. Your cpu will still overclock just as well; I leave my ram setting in auto or manually set it lower so it will be at the correct speed when overclocking the cpu. Actually, some of the best ram is samsung low voltage 1.35 which is only rated at 1600. I've been inside their austin tx fab and it's fabulous!

So i should get 1600 and whichever is on sale?????
m
l
Related resources
a c 128 } Memory
November 22, 2012 10:53:36 PM

Sure. Those are all good brands. I use gskill ripjawsX 1333, and it's plenty fast.
m
l
November 22, 2012 10:56:52 PM

o1die said:
Sure. Those are all good brands. I use gskill ripjawsX 1333, and it's plenty fast.

So should i get g skill ripjaws X series??? or corsair???
m
l
a b } Memory
November 22, 2012 11:13:13 PM

Both are good. I have had LOTS of corsair memory over the years.

I currently have the exact Ripjaws X listed and so far it has been good. Just watch the bigger heatsinks with some coolers. Memory hitting your cpu cooler sucks.
m
l
November 22, 2012 11:22:29 PM

nukemaster said:
Both are good. I have had LOTS of corsair memory over the years.

I currently have the exact Ripjaws X listed and so far it has been good. Just watch the bigger heatsinks with some coolers. Memory hitting your cpu cooler sucks.

why do some reviews say they are bad???? and What about corsair???
m
l

Best solution

a b } Memory
November 23, 2012 12:36:05 AM

Things to consider
-Sometimes memory has defects.
-Some times users call it a defect that the memory does not auto set to 1600 and defaults to 1333.
-Some boards have been known to need a bit more voltage with 4 sticks instead of 2(I fully recommend if going with 4 sticks to get them in a kit together as memory makers only guarantee then to work for sure that way. I did buy random stuff for years but DID once run into needing proper mixed sticks).
-If you sell more memory then everyone else, you have more chance of bad reviews simply by having so many sticks out. This is not saying Gskill sells more then corsair.
-MB makers have a QVL list of ram tested by them to work with your board if you are worried.

With a variety of users, everyone wants something different in memory.

I wanted 8 gigabyte sticks to avoid issues of having 4 sticks not on the QVL(I actually had 2 sets of Corsair 2 x 4gigabyte sticks that in pairs is 100%, but as 4 does not make it past about 9 or so hours of blend[90% memory use] prime95) for a board.

I was not overly worried about the slower (CL10) timings. In the end, I am only running it at 1333, but with timings of 8,9,8,24 CR 1T :) 

For my use, they worked out perfect and have been fully tested with memtest86+ and lots of prime95 and OCCT and IBT. Some users say memory related issues can not be seen in prime/OCCT/IBT , I call BS on that one.

Please note this was not the kind of crash often issue this was more of a crash yearly issue and only if you manage to use that much ram at once. I feel better knowing that no matter what I do the system will be stable and error free.

8 gigabyte sticks tend to be just a bit slower(can only see it in a benchmark) then 4 gigabyte sticks.

I am not going to lie, I have had more OCZ fail then anything else(Even had some RMAd stuff come in failing) :( 
November 23, 2012 12:59:26 AM

nukemaster said:
Things to consider
-Sometimes memory has defects.
-Some times users call it a defect that the memory does not auto set to 1600 and defaults to 1333.
-Some boards have been known to need a bit more voltage with 4 sticks instead of 2(I fully recommend if going with 4 sticks to get them in a kit together as memory makers only guarantee then to work for sure that way. I did buy random stuff for years but DID once run into needing proper mixed sticks).
-If you sell more memory then everyone else, you have more chance of bad reviews simply by having so many sticks out. This is not saying Gskill sells more then corsair.
-MB makers have a QVL list of ram tested by them to work with your board if you are worried.

With a variety of users, everyone wants something different in memory.

I wanted 8 gigabyte sticks to avoid issues of having 4 sticks not on the QVL(I actually had 2 sets of Corsair 2 x 4gigabyte sticks that in pairs is 100%, but as 4 does not make it past about 9 or so hours of blend[90% memory use] prime95) for a board.

I was not overly worried about the slower (CL10) timings. In the end, I am only running it at 1333, but with timings of 8,9,8,24 CR 1T :) 

For my use, they worked out perfect and have been fully tested with memtest86+ and lots of prime95 and OCCT and IBT. Some users say memory related issues can not be seen in prime/OCCT/IBT , I call BS on that one.

thanks

Please note this was not the kind of crash often issue this was more of a crash yearly issue and only if you manage to use that much ram at once. I feel better knowing that no matter what I do the system will be stable and error free.

8 gigabyte sticks tend to be just a bit slower(can only see it in a benchmark) then 4 gigabyte sticks.

I am not going to lie, I have had more OCZ fail then anything else(Even had some RMAd stuff come in failing) :( 

thanks
m
l
November 23, 2012 1:00:09 AM

Best answer selected by trum_0909.
m
l
!