Closed Solved

Is this a good PSU?

Ei guys do you recommend Corsair GS700w 80plus or Seasonic M12II is a better choice?


im also planning to SLI my build in the future.and please could you give references why I should go for that 'PSU'

anyways tnx in advance... :hello:
23 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good
  1. the seasonic would be an better choice.:)
  2. which seasonic M12II? that's a whole series. and which cards do you want to SLI?

    Seasonic has higher quality components but they still make some rediculous multi 12v rail supplies. if they are the same wattage and both single rail seasonic is "better". Corsairs are also good though, and cheaper.
  3. @unksol it's the 700w seasonic and the cards i plan to sli are two gtx 560 TIs
  4. kirov96 said:
    it's the 700w seasonic and the cards i plan to sli are two gtx 560 TIs


    it would just work fine with two gtx 560ti sli no problem.
  5. Best answer
    750w+ is generally recommended for SLI GTX 560Ti's.

    700w would work with a good unit like the SeaSonic however its generally recommended you get a little higher.
  6. Never heard of a 700W Seasonic unit.
    Obviously you mean a 750W .= which is more the enough power!
    http://www.seasonicusa.com/M12II-Bronze-650-750-850.htm
    Plus the original M12D and more recent M12II series also featured the same power range.
    A quality 650W will run 2x560ti's.
  7. davcon said:
    Never heard of a 700W Seasonic unit.
    Obviously you mean a 750W .= which is more the enough power!
    http://www.seasonicusa.com/M12II-Bronze-650-750-850.htm


    :non:
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=3
  8. delluser1 said:

    LOL! a fountain of information as usual.
    But it's a M12 from 2006.
  9. davcon said:
    LOL! a fountain of information as usual.
    But it's a M12 from 2006.

    A 700 watt Seasonic ;)

    Probably not the OP's , he did say M12II.

    If it were, I'd trust it, not running an sli setup on it anymore but my HX620 from 2006 still works like a champ
    Moderator mousemonkey uses his HX620 from 2006 to power his 560 sli system.
  10. Ohhh my bad it is 750w :na: haha stupid me anyways which should i pick? depending on budget to performance...

    Thanks u guys ;)
  11. kirov96 said:
    Ohhh my bad it is 750w :na: haha stupid me anyways which should i pick? depending on budget to performance...

    Thanks u guys ;)

    The Seasonic is the best choice.
    5yr warranty and semi-modular cables.
  12. Seasonic for sure.
  13. SEASONIC IT IS!!!! :D
  14. delluser1 said:
    A 700 watt Seasonic ;)

    Probably not the OP's , he did say M12II.

    If it were, I'd trust it, not running an sli setup on it anymore but my HX620 from 2006 still works like a champ
    Moderator mousemonkey uses his HX620 from 2006 to power his 560 sli system.

    A bit fuzzy but I hope it gets the point across.

    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2090/photo0060qt.jpg
  15. @mousemonkey ei moderator MM :D are those 2 palit gtx 560ti sonic? and do you oc them with that PSU?
  16. kirov96 said:
    @mousemonkey ei moderator MM :D are those 2 palit gtx 560ti sonic? and do you oc them with that PSU?

    Yes they are and I run them at the 900mhz that they were at when I took them out of their boxes.
  17. Ohhhhhhh. thanks moderator :D
  18. I have had the CPU @4.3ghz for a while though.
  19. @mousemonkey so I could easily run an SLI config and an OC'ed CPU with a quality 700w psu?[:mousemonkey:1]
  20. Oh yes, quite easily. Mine has been getting thrashed since April last year and it's still going strong and as was said earlier, my PSU is not exactly as fresh as a daisy! ;)
  21. Ohhh thanks great one you could now close this thread :DDD


    and thanks to all who answered :bd
  22. kirov96 said:
    Ohhh thanks great one you could now close this thread :DDD


    and thanks to all who answered :bd

    Select a 'Best Answer' and I will.
  23. Best answer selected by kirov96.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Build Corsair Components