Asrock Extreme 4 or Corsair 400r

incognito485

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I wasn't sure where exactly to post this so I decided to try here first since it may be a mobo issue. I'm a new builder and combined the mentioned mobo with the mentioned case. Everything went smooth until i got to the point where I had to connect the front panel connectors from the Corsair to the mobo. They absolutely do not work! The system header panel on the mobo when any plug is plugged in producing no power to the power button, fans, or led in any configuration right or wrong. But for some reason I can open up the system config in UEFI and the USB 3.0 is working, but the not the audio jack which I know is properly installed. I did notice that the fans plug into another cable that is routed somewhere else around the case. I did plug in the power connector attached to the fan modules to the PSU as well, so power is being supplied.

It sucks. I have no ability to turn the computer on or off without accessing the mobo power button. If someone has this same setup or close please chime in, because I'm stuck like Chuck. And if there is some way that I can isolate the issue to the sytem header on the mobo pls let me know. I apolgize for any errors and such, its late, it worked 20 hrs and I'm tired. Please help this first time builder catch a break.

Antec 750 w HCG
Corsair 400r
Intel I5 3570k
Asrock Extreme 4 mobo
HD 6870

Solution
You can test by briefly shorting the 2 pins for the power switch with for example a screwdriver.
That should also start the system. And that is where the power switch has to be connected.

syspanel.jpg

Zjenep

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
You can test by briefly shorting the 2 pins for the power switch with for example a screwdriver.
That should also start the system. And that is where the power switch has to be connected.

syspanel.jpg

Solution

incognito485

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009

Yes. The jacks that are labeled HDLED, PLED, PWSWTC, and all that. yes.

incognito485

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009

Sir you are on top of your stuff. I successfully jumped it off with a screwdriver. So, If I can jump it off with a screw driver and with the motherboard power button, you think the case jacks are faulty?

incognito485

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I've read somewhere that someone's motherboard screws were actually affecting the connectors. All my standoffs are connected properly, but I there is a hole at the top right of the motherboard that does not line up to any standoff.