question about E8400 and q6600 mutiltasking??

No, the E8400 is not bad at multi tasking.
The Q6600 would be a better choice if you are into heavy multi tasking or if your apps are multi threaded.
What exactly do you intend to do with your machine?

i dont see why people bother with Dual core when we have quad cores that are so cheap, same argument when dual cores first came out "oh you dont do heavy multitasking you dont need dual, games work better on a faster single core" bla bla bla BS

your not going to notice a few missing mhz, you WILL notice the extra cores kick in, keeping background apps busy while you game and surf the net - i came from an E6600 @ 3.2ghz to a Q6600 and at stock it was quicker, before i overclocked the Q6600 (3.5ghz now)

tito_66

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
thanks guys but if I buy q6600 can I overclock it to 3.0ghz like without increasing in processor temperature and facing heat problems and what is the max overcloking I can do to Q6600 without facing heat problems
and can Q6600 have performance in games with high graphics when I overclock it as E8400 performance ??

and I you should know that I have motherboard Asus p5Q-E and graphic card sapphire HD 4870.

Yes, the Q6600 can overclock to 3.0Ghz with no issues.
At 3Ghz it will perform nearly the same as a stock E8400 in single threaded apps and MUCH faster in multi threaded apps.
Even at stock, you will have plenty of CPU power to drive your 4870.

With a stock cooler, you will probably be limited to 3.0Ghz.
With a good aftermarket cooler and a willing chip, you should be able to get 3.4-3.6Ghz out of a Q6600.