Solved

Just need a quick last minute check.

Approximate Purchase Date: Probably within this week

Budget Range: Roughly $600-$800, don't care about Rebates (they never work anyways)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Movie Editing, Gaming, CPU-Intensive software usage, Word Processing, Watching movies

Parts Not Required: Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country of Origin: US

Parts Preferences: Preferably a Mid Tower Case, Micro Case if at all possible would be best as space is kinda limited, Intel Processors please and no mobo preference. Corsair PSU preferred

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: N/A (Don't need)

Additional Comments: Would just like a small but powerful PC that can stay cool.


Here are the parts I selected:

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115078

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233141

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingItem.aspx?ItemList=N82E16813128523

HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145533

GFX: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130570

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154094

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

Will probably be adding a 120mm fan for the front of the case to keep things nice and cool.


My main question is, will all the parts work with each other? Thank you.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about just quick minute check
  1. Hello,
    I went to all your links and checked everything, looks good to me.

    EDIT:

    For your graphics card, I would upgrade to the latest generation -

    the 550ti($137) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

    or 560 - fermi($199) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121446
  2. Better gfx card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561
    maybe cheaper too .

    The case is horrible. Its an overheating problem waiting to happen
    How about this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147111
    instead , and add another 120 mm fan at the front
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835228010
  3. dontqqnub said:
    Hello,
    I went to all your links and checked everything, looks good to me.


    Thank you very much! So I guess making sure the pins match and stuff isn't really a big deal? haha

    Anonymous said:
    Better gfx card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561
    maybe cheaper too .

    The case is horrible. Its an overheating problem waiting to happen
    How about this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147111
    instead , and add another 120 mm fan at the front
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835228010


    Yeah I was worried about the case, the case you selected looks very cheap and small yet seems like it would have good airflow... So I guess I will use that instead.

    And as for the graphics card, would the 6870 be a noticeable improvement over the GTX 460? I've done my fair share of research and it seems very nice but I'm just being on the cautious side (because that extra $10-20 really matters to me). Thanks! :)
  4. sh3llshocked said:
    And as for the graphics card, would the 6870 be a noticeable improvement over the GTX 460? I've done my fair share of research and it seems very nice but I'm just being on the cautious side (because that extra $10-20 really matters to me). Thanks! :)



    I would go for the 550 ti I linked, use the extra money on whatever you want..
  5. Best answer
    depends on your monitors resolution .

    If you have a 1080pmonitor then the 6870 is a good gaming experience , and the gtx 460 is only OK
    At lower resolutions the 460 should be fine . But for an older card its seems expensive
  6. sh3llshocked said:
    Thank you very much! So I guess making sure the pins match and stuff isn't really a big deal? haha


    Yeah I was worried about the case, the case you selected looks very cheap and small yet seems like it would have good airflow... So I guess I will use that instead.

    And as for the graphics card, would the 6870 be a noticeable improvement over the GTX 460? I've done my fair share of research and it seems very nice but I'm just being on the cautious side (because that extra $10-20 really matters to me). Thanks! :)


    If you're not too happy with the looks of that case (like I am), go for one of the HAF or CM 690 cases from CoolerMaster. They look pretty good and have great airflow.

    HAF - http://www.coolermaster.com/category.php?category_id=3584

    CM 690 - http://www.coolermaster.com/category.php?category_id=3585
  7. Best answer selected by sh3llshocked.
  8. Both dontqqnub and Outlander were very helpful in their answers. Thanks so much! I wish I could pick two best answers haha. I will update my "grocery list" to reflect the case and GFX card suggestions.

    And thanks for your input pckitty, I needed a small case though but I will definitely look into some of the Coolermaster towers.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cases Systems Product