Windows 7 Professional x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

kladal

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Dear Forum,

I have purchased and downloaded Windows 7 Professional x64 from Microsoft in three files (one .exe file and two .box files). I do not know how to use the three files to install Windows on another computer using a flashdrive and Microsoft's tutorials are useless.

Thus far I have tried to unblock each file, unselect the readme option, and open the .exe as administrator but then I get a "Unloading the Box Error" that says:

THE APPLICATION CANNOT FIND ONE OF ITS REQUIRED FILES, POSSIBLE BECAUSE IT WAS UNABLE TO CREATE IT IN THE FOLDER. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE FOLD IN WHICH THIS APPLICATION WAS DOWNLOADED IS ACCESSIBLE AND NOT READ-ONLY.

What am I missing?

Thank you,
Kenny

kladal

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009

kladal

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009

76.2MB for the exe
2.02GB for box 1
160MB for box 2

I cannot understand why Microsoft has me download these files that don't even install!!

kladal

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009

Microsoft's instructions don't work b/c I hit the message I posted earlier.
Windows
On the Downloads + Product Keys page, find the Windows product that you purchased. Select the download option (32-bit or 64-bit) and file type EXE.
Note: You should only choose the ISO file type if you want to install Windows 7 on a different computer than the one you are currently using.

Click Download file 1. In the download dialog box, click Save.
IMPORTANT: You must download all three files to install Windows 7.

When file 1 has finished downloading, click Download file 2. In the download dialog box, click Save.

When file 2 has finished downloading, click Download file 3. In the download dialog box, click Save.

Note: Your downloaded software files are saved to the following default location: C:\Users\Downloads
When file 3 has finished downloading, click Run in the download dialog box
In the installation window, click Install
Follow the instructions in the installation wizard

Weird. Restart the PC and do it again.

BTW, is there a website link to go for help?

I have never seen this. I've seen people get ISO files only. Try the restart

And good luck. I will not be here, need to go to sleep.

But that is all I could advice. Sorry. Hope u will get this done!

~Merry Christmas~

Status
Not open for further replies.