Strange problem.

leo2987

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
When i put the 4 x 4 gb corsair xms3 1333 fsb rams in the slot with phenom II 955 on the Gigabyte 880GM USb 3 board it works normal,but when ever i switch to a Phenom II x6 1090 T,the beep sound continues on Boot until n unless i remove the rams from the 2nd n 4th slot which then works flawlessly.Even if i put a single Ram on the 2nd n 4th slot,it doesn't works.Is this a compatibilty issue,but why and is there a possible solution?I tried upgrading biso to latest using @ bios.please help me techs.

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Can't you go into BIOS when you have the RAM modules only in 1st and 3rd slot?

You should verify that the BIOS update went down successfully by looking at version number. Does it say it's the latest?

Have you seen this on http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3809&dl=1#
(Note 2) To reach DDR3 1800MHz or above, you must install two memory modules and install them in the DDR3_3 and DDR3_4 memory sockets.
I'm not sure, how it's related to you, just thought I mention it.

Now let's try to find out about that beep code.
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-880gm-usb3_v.3.x_e.pdf
Q: What do the beeps emitted during the POST mean?
A: The following Award BIOS beep code descriptions may help you identify possible computer problems.
(For reference only.)
1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error
1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error
1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
Continuous short beeps: Power error

Does it say anything to you?

leo2987

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
i get 4 long beeps which keeps on repeating.
tested the rams on another motherboard (ASUS M4A88T-M )with x4 955 and it works flalessly.But still not wokring on Gigabyte motherboard on 2nd n 4th slot.help guyz
:fou:

leo2987

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

no cmos reset didn't help too. problem is not with board cuz i checked with another 880 G Motherboard (Asus m4A88T-M),still same problem,it doesn't boots when rams r installed on 2nd or 4th slot.help me please

leo2987

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
motherboard- ASUS M4A88T-M
procy-AMD phenom II x6 1090 BE
PSU-corsair 600 GS
Ram-Corsair xms 3 4gb 1333 fsb

with default bios settings,some cpuz screens
H9ZJ2.jpg

Jb3gL.jpg

L0CoR.jpg

WKnxw.jpg

please sort out this problem :(

satyamdubey

Distinguished

I asked that because I did not know cool & quiet would throttle down the cpu to 800 MHz. your NB and HT frequencies seem okay. I am still searching for clues will get back to you soon as I find something..keep us posted

satyamdubey

Distinguished
could this have something to do with the "Ganged" mode option? Enter BIOS and press Ctrl+F1 and then enter "MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)\ DRAM Configuration", to set the “DCTs Mode” as “Ganged”. The phenoms have two memory controllers for each channel and using all four DIMMS in dual channel requires the ganged mode option to be enabled.

try and lets see
Edit> I never realized that you changed mobo from Gigabyte to Asus, The above suggestion is for the Gigabyte one