Keep getting usb device not recognized but nothing is plugged into usb

wvangel

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I keep getting an error message that says "USB device not recognized", however I am not attempting to plug anything into it. It usually happens when you move the laptop it appears to be on the right side of the computer. Could something be loose or not plugged in completely or missing all together?

strong.work.ethics1@gmail.com

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
I would estimate that it is a loose connection to your USB hubs. To just check to make 100% sure it isnt software related Remove the USB root hubs from device manager and reboot the machine.

If you still have the issues then its highly likely that its a loose connection.

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I had same issue with my laptop, after a while another warning messages like USB exceeded voltage limit were popping up. I ignored it and it fried my external HDD. I end up getting new motherboard for my laptop(and it was not cheap~$300) So if you do not know how to change motherboard on your laptop it would be cheaper for you to just buy a new laptop.

Good luck.

Mman

Honorable
May 12, 2012

then what if there are no more issues, can my laptop (Acer Aspire One) still work without the usb root ports