Status
Not open for further replies.

qw123454321

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Later,I will buy a new computer. And I have chosen a i5 2500k and a gtx570. Is a 650W PSU enough for 2500k and gtx570? And can you recommend a sultable PSU to me. Thank you very much.

Solution
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 570 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 550 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two GeForce GTX 570 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 800 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 56 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection it is only used as a...
Those are good choices. A 600-650 watt PSU would be plenty sufficient for your needs. I am partial to Corsair, Antec, and Seasonic, having had good experiences with all of them.

In what country are you buying this PSU? - I'll recommend some units based on availability at your location.

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 570 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 550 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two GeForce GTX 570 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 800 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 56 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection it is only used as a guideline!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

What is your budget range (please specify the currency)?

DO you want a semi-modular or modular wired power supply or is a fully wired power supply acceptable?

What power supply brands do you have available to purchase from?

Solution

qw123454321

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012

Actually, I am in hongkong, and there are few PSU that are available in my region. It may be a bit hard to find a sultable PSU for me. Anyway, thank you for your help

licherss

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
The more expensive brands also have more protections.
g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS