Closed Solved

Psu for gtx570

Later,I will buy a new computer. And I have chosen a i5 2500k and a gtx570. Is a 650W PSU enough for 2500k and gtx570? And can you recommend a sultable PSU to me. Thank you very much.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx570
  1. Those are good choices. A 600-650 watt PSU would be plenty sufficient for your needs. I am partial to Corsair, Antec, and Seasonic, having had good experiences with all of them.

In what country are you buying this PSU? - I'll recommend some units based on availability at your location.
  2. You might check this thread for recommended psu's in that range:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/322966-28-list-recommended-psus
  3. As Abekl said, 600-650w is good. 850w recommended if you wish to SLI.

Recommended brands include: XFX, SeaSonic, Corsair, Antec. Always look for 80PLUS ratings. Modular/Semi-Modular would be recommended but not required.
  4. Here is a nice calculator:
    http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

But don't stare blind on the numbers, a 650watt enermax would beat a 650 watt MS-Tech three fold. The more expensive brands also have more protections. Like overheating/overvoltage/overcurrent and short circuit protections, which protect youre house from catching on fire :P.
  5. Best answer
    For a system using a single GeForce GTX 570 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 550 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using two GeForce GTX 570 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 800 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 56 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection it is only used as a guideline!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

What is your budget range (please specify the currency)?

DO you want a semi-modular or modular wired power supply or is a fully wired power supply acceptable?

What power supply brands do you have available to purchase from?
  6. abekl said:
    Those are good choices. A 600-650 watt PSU would be plenty sufficient for your needs. I am partial to Corsair, Antec, and Seasonic, having had good experiences with all of them.

In what country are you buying this PSU? - I'll recommend some units based on availability at your location.

Actually, I am in hongkong, and there are few PSU that are available in my region. It may be a bit hard to find a sultable PSU for me. Anyway, thank you for your help
  7. The more expensive brands also have more protections.
  8. Best answer selected by qw123454321.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computers Intel i5 Components