Closed Solved

Best Psu for this Rig

Hi guys here are my spec

I3-2105
Asrock E3G3
Xms3 8gb 1600
Hd 6850 Asus Dcu(will add it after 1-2 months)
Hd 500 gb caviar blue
Dvd-writter asus

so what is a recomended psu for this build .No sli or cf in future just OC ing .I dont wanna spend to much but if needed up to 100$ or 70-80Euros.
If possible from amazon.de and if not just tell me the name ill find it :) Thank you
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best
  1. Best answer
  2. corsair tx 750 exhaust series psu will be perfect for that build or maybe SeaSonic M12II 520.:)
  3. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX430-V2-Power-Supply-Review/1284/8

    i found this review abt it and seems a good power supply . Also can u suggest me a modular power supply and i think i should add that i might upgrade to i5 2500k :)
  4. sunnk said:
    corsair tx 750 exhaust series psu will be perfect for that build or maybe SeaSonic M12II 520.:)


    The SeaSonic maybe, but certainly not a 750w unit when the OP has no intention of CF/SLI. Purely wasted cash.
  5. prototype18 said:
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX430-V2-Power-Supply-Review/1284/8

    i found this review abt it and seems a good power supply . Also can u suggest me a modular power supply and i think i should add that i might upgrade to i5 2500k :)


    You could use the same PSU with an i5-2500k build. Its mostly the graphics card you using that determines what PSU wattage you need.
  6. @ sunnk
    seasonic is 90 Euros -_- and tx even at 105 but i dont think i need so much power for this build.
  7. AdrianPerry said:
    You could use the same PSU with an i5-2500k build. Its mostly the graphics card you using that determines what PSU wattage you need.


    ah ok than cx v2 500 w is sufficint or 430 cuz on that review it pulls up to 531 W :) so ?
  8. voo an i5 2500k directly from an i3 such a big upgrade yes if u want to keep that psu cx 430 that will be enough for now but not sure about overclocking u should go for atleast seasonic s12ii 520watts psu.:)

    http://www.amazon.de/Seasonic-S12II-520-Stromversorgung-Watt-ATX22/dp/B00390P1NO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1327331028&sr=1-1
  9. Doesn't really make much sense to pay an extra $20 for 520w SeaSonic over Corsair 500w to be honest.....

    Both are good quality PSU's. Both have 80PLUS efficiency. Put the extra $20 towards something else :)
  10. AdrianPerry said:
    Doesn't really make much sense to pay an extra $20 for 520w SeaSonic over Corsair 500w to be honest.....

    Both are good quality PSU's. Put the extra $20 towards something else :)
    i just used a power calculator and i found it is 438 W with hd 6850 and 488 with gtx 560 ti

    so u think cx 430 v2 that can get up to 531 or the cx 500 v2 ?

    http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine
  11. AdrianPerry said:
    Doesn't really make much sense to pay an extra $20 for 520w SeaSonic over Corsair 500w to be honest.....

    Both are good quality PSU's. Both are 80PLUS Bronze. Put the extra $20 towards something else :)


    yes u r right put that money for some other important parts but adrian perry but i have gave it over an cx 430 which is 430w psu not over an cx 500w when i was replying there was only 3 replys and when i post there were 6 replys thats why :ouch:
  12. prototype18 said:
    i just used a power calculator and i found it is 438 W with hd 6850 and 488 with gtx 560 ti

    so u think cx 430 v2 that can get up to 531 or the cx 500 v2 ?

    http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine


    That seems a little high to me, i just tried it using multi HDD's, 4 RAM sticks, i3-1200 and 6850 and it showed it only needed about 280w. Did you make sure you clicked 1 on "Physical CPU". The i3-2100 might have 2 cores, but its still only 1 CPU unit. This is the only way how I can see the calc gave you such a high PSU recommendation??
  13. Thank you both of you guys :)

    Im ordering all this week. And ill w8 price to drop of GPU hope gtx 560 ti goes well under :D
  14. ur welcome.:)
  15. Best answer selected by prototype18.
  16. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies HD Components Product