Biostar Motherboard? Is it good?

Solution
Here's my opinion on it: If possible, [strike]avoid BioStar[/strike] get a more premium brand. I'll edit what I said previously, because I really don't want to shine a bad light on BioStar, as they do make decent boards. If a better renowned brand isn't available/isn't possible, go ahead, as chances are that you won't have a serious problem over the product's lifespan.

The catch is that the lifespan may be marginally shorter due to less expensive build quality, and the money you save comes almost directly out of both physical quality and customer support. Like I said, I wouldn't get one as my first choice, but if nothing else is available, I'd probably still buy one. Just my opinion from experiences and things I've been told.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Here's my opinion on it: If possible, [strike]avoid BioStar[/strike] get a more premium brand. I'll edit what I said previously, because I really don't want to shine a bad light on BioStar, as they do make decent boards. If a better renowned brand isn't available/isn't possible, go ahead, as chances are that you won't have a serious problem over the product's lifespan.

The catch is that the lifespan may be marginally shorter due to less expensive build quality, and the money you save comes almost directly out of both physical quality and customer support. Like I said, I wouldn't get one as my first choice, but if nothing else is available, I'd probably still buy one. Just my opinion from experiences and things I've been told.

Solution

iFaymous

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

Alright thanks. I think I will settle on a Asrock Z77 Extreme3 mobo. Thanks for your answer.