Z77 Extreme4 Onboard Graphics Help

I recently bought the Z77 Extreme4 and the rest of the pieces for a new build I will be doing soon, I capitalized on some black Friday deals but didn't have the money for a GPU, which made me wonder about the onboard graphics. How are they? I know they can't be great, but would they be a decent temporary solution if I'm not gaming? I was reading some things about them and they confused me a lot, some said that the graphics run off of the CPU and Motherboard components, but that makes me think that they use my RAM and stuff. That doesn't sound right but is it? If they do run off of my RAM then wouldn't that be a benefit, I have 32GB of it, so I suppose there is some to spare haha.
I'm just really confused about the reviews and stuff, and also curious about the actual specs since I couldn't find any reviews on the graphics. So any help would be really nice, thanks. =)
3 answers Last reply
More about extreme4 onboard graphics help
  1. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/intel-hd-graphics-4000-2500.html

A review for you. If you are not gaming then HD4000 is great! You do have an 64bit operating system right?

And yes the HD4000 does use your RAM, but because it is dedicated it is not sufficient for high resolution gaming. Since you don't want to game. No worries.
  2. Thanks a bunch. So I guess this isn't really even in the right section haha, I really had no idea what I was looking for. I will have a 64 Bit operating system, probably Ubuntu Linux. I wasn't planning on gaming for a while, so I was hoping the graphics would be sufficient until I got the money to buy a good GPU rather than wasting my money on a decent one now.
  3. BloodyDream3 said:
    Thanks a bunch. So I guess this isn't really even in the right section haha, I really had no idea what I was looking for. I will have a 64 Bit operating system, probably Ubuntu Linux. I wasn't planning on gaming for a while, so I was hoping the graphics would be sufficient until I got the money to buy a good GPU rather than wasting my money on a decent one now.

It will be for most things other than gaming.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Graphics New Build