Status
Not open for further replies.

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
i planned to get a new cpu but dropped it as the intel ivy is comming soon and as the new generation graphic cards are on the move.i would use a single monitor and max res would be 1080p, would be using the system for mostly gaming(decently), then watching videos etc. now the question is--is there a need to wait for the ivy and the new gpu's.(both 28nm) or get a i7 2600 and 9hd6950 or gtx560ti 0r gtx570) now... i wont be upgrading the pc in a short while so certain degree of future proofing is required.

Solution
Depends how desperately you want it. The newer stuff will be better, but probably not so much better that it really changes anything much (at least in the CPU department). I would personally wait when it is only around 2 – 4 months, but you might not want to.

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Depends how desperately you want it. The newer stuff will be better, but probably not so much better that it really changes anything much (at least in the CPU department). I would personally wait when it is only around 2 – 4 months, but you might not want to.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.