ASUS Rampage 3 Black Edition CPU Headers

dorey

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Hi, I noticed on the CPU power headers (eight pin) there are small covers over four of them. I tried using the HAF X cable extension cable but didn't notice the four pin cover at the time. Well once I took them both off, I started to wonder if I can just plug one eight pin into one of the little headers/plugs (I don't know 100% what they are called) and leave the other one empty. My corsair PSU came with two 4 x 4 pin to 8 pin cables, so I am not sure if I am supposed to use both. Thanks.

Solution
If you PSU has one cable with two (4 pin) ATX12V connectors that together form an (8 pin) EPS12V connector, plug them together into the 8 pin socket. Using the 4 pin feed alone will work, but may not provide the electrical load required for the processor.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you PSU has one cable with two (4 pin) ATX12V connectors that together form an (8 pin) EPS12V connector, plug them together into the 8 pin socket. Using the 4 pin feed alone will work, but may not provide the electrical load required for the processor.

Solution