Hey, i need the full information of this,

Status
Not open for further replies.

hOlyhexOr

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Hello guys, i am new here.
Listen. I got these PC on our house and one day i got addicted to CoD MW, when i was playing in Computer Cafe.
And then i tried downloading a copy in the internet.
And suddenly when i started it, I used Swiftshader because it wont work, then it works,
BUT! ITS SO FREAKING LAGGY, WHEN I LOOK UP MY MOUSE UP. IT TAKES 10 SECONDS AND LOADING OF 5 MINUTES!!.

I have this PC
http://www.cnet.com.au/hp-2009f-lcd-monitor-339297134.htm
I buyed it 1 year ago, The specs is still stocked.
Can u guys tell me what shall i upgrade?
I was thinking to upgrade my Video Card. But i dont know what type shall i buy, im confused win "Pins" "Watts" And mostly how it will installed in my pc correctly.
Can someone help me? Please? :) :hello:

MY Specs
-Pentium E2200 (C) 2.2 GHz (65W)
800 MHz front side bus
Socket 775

-Chipset
Intel G31 Express

-Motherboard
Manufacturer: MSI
Motherboard Name: MS-7525
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Boston-GL6

-Power supply
250W

-Memory Installed 2 GB
Maximum allowed 4 GB* (2 x 2 GB)

*Actual available memory may be less
Speed supported PC2-6400 MB/sec
Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

-Hard drive
250 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
7200 rpm

-Modem
PCIe internal modem

-PCI One (One available)
PCI Express x16 One (None available)
PCI Express x1 Two (One available)

weezys_advocate

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121426 (should be fine for cod) and most older games
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817170017 (i wouldnt normaly recomend a cheap PSU but with your budget not much choice)
try these two. $102 after rebate. should help you play cod much better. You will have to instal the new power supply as your 250w is not up to the job. sounds complicated but if you take your time and do some reading up it isnt that difficult at all.

weezys_advocate

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
i do not understand your first question. you will be able to play cod which is a 2007 game with that card yes. battlefield 3 which isnt even out yet i doubt becuase of your system spec, but MAYBE at the very lowest settings.

weezys_advocate

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

the card i linked with the psu is $102 dollars with rebate. u cant afford the $2 ? would u like another cheaper option ?

hyperreader

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
wow i am surprised you can play Cod MW at all .if you upgrade your psu i might be able to sell you my 9500 gt at 40$ as soon as i upgrade my graphic card , but that is only if you dont mind a bit of a wait.( when i say sell , i mean through ebay.)

hOlyhexOr

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Btw, i have now knowledge >:D,
I have a DDR2 slot.
And btw, im thinking of 9000 + GT like that. Because of good specs and less price.
And i am now wondering of how "bit" is being implemented in installing it in my pc,
Because i have a 32-bit OS w7 pc, and im getting confused of 256/128 bit video cards? does that affect too in compatibility in my pc?

hyperreader

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
no , it does not affect compatibility in your PC .
'128/256 bit' refers to 'how much' information can flow simultaneously ( in the case of graphic cards , it is within the graphic card ) , it is also called 'bandwith' . so obviously the card that has 256-bit bandwith will be faster; but you needn't worry about that, as your hardware cannot take advantage of that. And, most graphic cards use the PCIe 2.0 slot . it is a very long slot on your motherboard , typically on the place where it meets the rear of the chassis. if the graphic cards specification states it works in PCIe 2.0 or 2.1 , it should work in yours.

though be careful as most work in PCIe x16 ports and you don't have one.

and btw , if you want to learn about computers , i would recommend peter norton's " Inside The PC. " it may seem confusing at first , but stick with it and soon you will learn almost everything you need to know . also read some of the other threads and try to pick up some slang and understand the acronyms.

hOlyhexOr

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011

For that Graphic card, Though i have a 32-bit OS w7, and it says 128-bit card. Would it fit? Would it perform as it says?

hyperreader

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
the bandwith has to do with the inside of the graphic card , not the outside and if you have a PCIe 2.0 slot , it will fit.

i cannot guarantee top performance as the rest of your computer will limit the graphic card.

how much did you spend for the whole system anyway , i want to see if you were ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.