Opinions on case options

This was my shortlist, the Antec 902 v3 was in it.

LN41806
Xclio Touch 787 Black Full Tower Pro Glass Case Touch Panel with Side Mesh Window 12 Silent Blade Fans USB 3.0 w/o PSU

LN35189
Bitfenix Colossus, Monilith Black Full Tower Performance Case Blue/Red Switchable LED USB 3.0 w/o PSU

LN41248
Akasa VenomToxic Performance Gaming Case Black Full Tower with Mesh Side Window w/o PSU - *PROMOTION*

LN39769
Silverstone Raven ST-RV03B-WA Black Full Tower with USB 3.0 with Side Window w/o PSU

LN40991
Silverstone Precision PS06B-A, Black with Grey Trimming w/o PSU

LN40450
Corsair Carbide Series 500R Grey/Black Mid Tower Gaming Case w/o PSU

LN37385
Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two V3 Mid Tower ATX Case, USB3, With Side Window w/o PSU

Yeah I always thought I'd go with the Raven but there seems to be quite a few more decent choices now.

I also looked at the Antec 1100 but was a bit put off by all the mesh and it didn't excite my eyes like the others.

Whats putting me off the Raven 03 is the champagne trim and that the RV02 is possibly a better case.

Liking the Corsair 500R, haven't really looked into the Colossus or the Akasa VenomToxic yet but I like the look of them.

This is an extract from the description of the link you posted

"Complementing the finely tuned and engineered interior, the RV03 has Champaign colored trimmings adorning an exterior with aggressive lines yet reserved profile"

Unless I've missed something, a black/grey option might swing it for me.

Still gotta look at some reviews for the other though.

Ah I see

SST-RV03B (black, champagne trimming)
SST-RV03B-W (black, champagne trimming + window)
SST-RV03B-WA (black, grey trimming + window)

Just have to double check I suppose as the description says champaign.

Liking the Corsair Carbide the more I read about it. :pt1cable:

smeg4brainsuk

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Be careful when ordering a Raven series case. None stock cards with advanced cooling (Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI, etc....) don't work efficiently due to the method of heatsink cooling. Found this out after asking silverstone technician

Do you mean the case prevents the cards coolers from cooling them properly?

Every review I've seen hasn't mentioned this, not saying it isn't right but have you got any more info on this?

Anyone got a Bitfenix they can comment on?