xp theme will not stay

I put on the xp theme but it will not stay. I get
a "please wait" window later on and it changes the
appearence back to Windows Classic style.

Hi,

The following webpages provide extensive troubleshooting on Windows XP themes:

Troubleshooting Themes
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#themes

Stuck in Classic View

Anando