Closed Solved

Mulitple Monitors using Nvidia Geforce GT520

Hello,
I am thinking of hooking up 2 monitors using the dvi splitter and 1 monitor using the VGA port. Would it be a problem?
I am buying the Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 dual-core processor [3.1GHz, 3MB cache]. Please let me know. Thanks.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mulitple monitors nvidia geforce gt520
  1. What sort of applications are you planning on running? Driving 2 monitors is supportable with the GT520. Using a DVI splitter will not give you 3 separate displays, you will get 2 of one output (DVI with splitter) and 1 on the other (VGA).

If you really want 3 displays, you should consider an Eyefinity capable ATI based GPU. One such as this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102875
  2. Best answer
    nimit12 said:
    Hello,
    I am thinking of hooking up 2 monitors using the dvi splitter and 1 monitor using the VGA port. Would it be a problem?
    I am buying the Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 dual-core processor [3.1GHz, 3MB cache]. Please let me know. Thanks.

If you want to duplicate the output of two displays, then a splitter may be ok.

The integrated graphics of the 2100 allows you to use only two of the possible three outputs.

To get a third monitor, you will need a discrete graphics card.

There is a question if you can use both the integrated graphics and a discrete card to drive three monitors.
    It may depend on the bios or chipset of the motherboard.

For certain, you can use two $50 discrete graphics cards to drive 3 or 4 monitors.
    There are some cards that will drive three monitors, but they will be expensive high end cards.
  3. Best answer selected by nimit12.
  4. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Monitors Geforce Graphics Product