Need advice on graphic card for fusion max htpc case

sherpa67

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Hi am thinking of building myself a new htpc which i will be useing for online gaming as well and would like to get the best graphic card i could that would fit this case, have found a case which i like, the antec fusion remote veris black MATX media case ( http://www.ebuyer.com/148791-antec-fusion-remote-veris-black-matx-media-center-case-no-psu-0761345-08770-4 ) but have no idea what size graphic card i could use in this case. The size of the case is 5.5"(H) x 17.5" (W) x 16.3" (D) and if anyone could reccomend a good card i could then think about what psu and cpu and motherboard i should get....thanks for any replys i get :)

sherpa67

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
thanks for the reply, have a grundig 26inche lcd tv which runs at 1368x768 which i use as a moniter for my presant media center, the game i like to play the most online has the following graphic settings and i presantly play at medium settings but need a bit of extra graphic power to get to high and very high

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
In the Options-Graphics window in Entropia Universe you can adjust the settings for the General Graphics Quality. This will influence the realism of the graphics but also performance. Below are the system requirements for each Graphics Quality option.

Very High Settings
Internet Connection: ADSL or better

Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista

Computer Processor: Intel I7 / AMD Phenom II

Computer Memory: 4096 MB RAM or more

Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 285 / ATI Radeon 4870 or better

DirectX: Version 9.0c or later

Sound Device: Direct X compatible sound device

Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels

Hard Drive Space: 10 GB of free space

High Settings

Computer Processor: Intel Core duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series or better

Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more

Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series or better / ATI Radeon 2900 series or better.

Medium Settings
These requirements should be considered the minimum system requirements for Entropia Universe:

Computer Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8g hz or AMD Athlon 64 Series or better

Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more

Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 7800 Series or better / ATI Radeon 1900 series or better.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

at presant i have no other parts as i want to build from scratch and use all new parts as my presant media center is getting on for 6 years old now