Request For Info: Automatic Slide Scanners

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 14, 2005 11:20:26 PM

Hi All:

I have a few thousand old 35MM slides that I'd like to scan into my
compooter. Obviously, I don't want to do this one by one. I'm thinking of
getting a used (via eBay?) scanner with a slide attachment for this
one-time-only job. Any recommendations as to what models I should look for?

Thanks in advance.

- Dave
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 11:20:27 PM

In article <RKOdnX77RZYlZ8PfRVn-uA@adelphia.com>,
"David Gintz" <dgintz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I have a few thousand old 35MM slides that I'd like to scan into my
> compooter. Obviously, I don't want to do this one by one. I'm thinking of
> getting a used (via eBay?) scanner with a slide attachment for this
> one-time-only job. Any recommendations as to what models I should look for?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Dave

The Braun does 100 slides, glass or glassless, paper or plastic, fully
automatically. See
http://www.hpmarketingcorp.com/factory%20store.html?lis...

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Anonymous

I like the Nikon scanners; you'll need the Super Coolscan 5000 (or the older
Super Coolscan 4000) plus the slide feeder SF210 (or older SF200). I'd
recommend the newer SF210 slide feeder; it has an adjustable gate that can
significantly reduce the likelihood of jams.

If this is a one time job; you might consider renting one if there's a
photo rental company in your area. Most often, these are photo stores which
cater to the pro.

James
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:19:54 AM

"James Akiyama" <james_akiyama@prodigy.net> wrote in message
>I like the Nikon scanners; you'll need the Super Coolscan 5000 (or the
>older
> Super Coolscan 4000) plus the slide feeder SF210 (or older SF200). I'd
> recommend the newer SF210 slide feeder; it has an adjustable gate that can
> significantly reduce the likelihood of jams.
>
> If this is a one time job; you might consider renting one if there's a
> photo rental company in your area. Most often, these are photo stores
> which
> cater to the pro.
>
> James

Thanks James:

I've just bought a 4000 ED on an eBay auction. (Will go for a slide feeder
next.) In effect, I AM renting the unit as the plan is for me and two of my
friends to scan our slides and then resell the unit.
!