Solved

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 Crashing Windows 7

Here is my build:
Windows 7 64-bit
Asus P7P55 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX

I just bought a new stick of RAM, Vengeance Series 8GB DDR3-1600, before I had 3x1gb Cosair DDR-1333. I removed the old RAM sticks and put the new one in, when started, windows gives me a blue screen and gave me the error message "*** STOP: 0x000000e1" So I tried reseating the RAM stick and starting the computer again, same error message. I checked the BIOS and it was reading that I had 8gb of RAM installed. I then took my old hard drive that ran Windows XP and booted off of it. It worked flawlessly. Any idea of what the problem is?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair vengeance ddr3 1600 crashing windows
  1. Did you reset BIOS/CMOS after installing the ram?
  2. Yes, I did
  3. Best answer
    In that case I suggest starting up from your win7 disk and select the repair function first then there is this http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/218959-blue-screen-error-0x000000e1.html
  4. Okay thanks, I will try that when I get home, if it does not work I will let you know.
  5. I was unable to boot from the disc.
  6. Just looking back at your specs there, how did you manage to put a 2500K in a lga 1156 board?
  7. hmm, oh, opps, that was I put it in one of my other builds, if that is not it then I don't remember what I put into it. All I remember is that it is an i5 with 3.2 GHz.

Sorry I get mixed up sometimes between my different builds.
  8. Really do not know what else apart from what is in the link I posted.
  9. Okay, thanks for you help
  10. Best answer selected by oxy_744.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Windows 7 RAM