PC won't power with new graphics card

G

Hello, I am in need of suggestions and or solutions to my problem, so here we go...

Recently I bought a new graphics card for my computer, a VTX Radeon HD5450 2GB .
So I turned of my pc, plugged it in like normal and inserted it into the pci e slot.

Which is when I found out my PC didn't like it; the disc drive light flashed and the screen got no signal (I am using a crt monitor) .

I then tried an old pci card to see if my slot was broken, and the old card booted up perfectly.

So I thought it may be my PSU, which is a 450W supply, however the card only needs 350W .

My motherboard is a MS7050.
I have 2gb of ram
and a AMD athlon x2

So does anyone know anything which could get it going ?

x Heavy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
A CRT monitor?

A CRT? as in tubes?

Get yourself a LCD flat screen display.

The card may only need 350 watt, however everything else inside your computer consumes wattage too. If your machine just does not turn on at all, then you will probably need a bigger and stronger PSU.

I am not sure if I should offer anymore thoughts. Just the old CRT digs up fossilized memories ack!

G

I think I have written the wrong thing down :p
It is a LCD monitor, but it uses the crt cable (Blue one)

And I thought it may be the PSU, I wil exchange my card back first though, as I don't really have any money to dish out atm, and if it is the card I only have 30 days to return it.

TRENDING THREADS