Customising XP Folders

The Default XP Icons (Programs Files, Windows) cannot
be customised, i.e. I cannot change the default Icon.
Other Folders can have the icon changed- (Right
click/Properties/Customize/change Icon). What Registry
tweaks are needed here?

Thanks for any input.

Poltonis
3 answers Last reply
More about customising folders

    Hi,

    Program files and windows files are system files and are protected and cannot be modified or changed. I suggest you to leave these files as it is without doing any modification as it can affect the stability of the system.
    --
    Regards
    M. Rajesh

    "poltonis" wrote:

    > The Default XP Icons (Programs Files, Windows) cannot
    > be customised, i.e. I cannot change the default Icon.
    > Other Folders can have the icon changed- (Right
    > click/Properties/Customize/change Icon). What Registry
    > tweaks are needed here?
    >
    > Thanks for any input.
    >
    > Poltonis

    Thanks - I don't want to mess things up
    so I will take your advise

    Rgds
    poltonis

    check out http://www.virtualplastic.net It has a lot of
    information on hacking the system to change icons and what-
    not. Although I wouldn't recommend it unless you knew
    what you were doing =).

    ~Randy

Configuration Default Customization Windows XP