Customising XP Folders

The Default XP Icons (Programs Files, Windows) cannot
be customised, i.e. I cannot change the default Icon.
Other Folders can have the icon changed- (Right
click/Properties/Customize/change Icon). What Registry
tweaks are needed here?

Thanks for any input.

Poltonis

Hi,

Program files and windows files are system files and are protected and cannot be modified or changed. I suggest you to leave these files as it is without doing any modification as it can affect the stability of the system.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"poltonis" wrote:

> The Default XP Icons (Programs Files, Windows) cannot
> be customised, i.e. I cannot change the default Icon.
> Other Folders can have the icon changed- (Right
> click/Properties/Customize/change Icon). What Registry
> tweaks are needed here?
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Poltonis

Thanks - I don't want to mess things up
so I will take your advise

Rgds
poltonis

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

check out http://www.virtualplastic.net It has a lot of
information on hacking the system to change icons and what-
not. Although I wouldn't recommend it unless you knew
what you were doing =).

~Randy