Adding Ram makes my BIOS freeze

aladzhov13

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Hey people, I'd really appriciate it if you could help me out :)

I've been battleing for the past 3-4 hours to get a stick of RAM to work... with almost no clue of what I'm doing :)) Here are the details:

I have an ASUS motherboard with 4 Memory Slots /a, b, c & d/. So I've always had 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Adata stick on slot "b". Now I wanted to add 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Corsair stick. The best result is when I stick it into slot "c". The other's doesnt work... either gives me a BSoD or doesn't recognize it.

So I put 4GB on "c" and while the bios loads it gives me "6012MB"/or somethign like that/ Okay... and freezes up there :??:

The bios setting for Voltage of DRAM is Auto, but even if I set it to 1.5 it still does the same. I also updated my BIOS...

So what do you think should I do?

It'll be mighty appriciated, thanks.

dingo07

Distinguished
you need to read the specs and manual on your particular motherboard (from their website) and see what the parameters are for adding memory

typicially memory is added in pairs, and seeing that the one stick you're adding isn't the same as the one that's in there, it might not work

----

also, which version of windows are you running - because I'm sure you're aware only 64 bit versions allow for up to 8GB useable RAM - all 32 bit versions allow up to 4GB
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7

aladzhov13

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for the reply, man :)

Well if I stick only one stick - the 4GB Stick it gives me a BSoD.... The other works....

I'm using Windows 7 64bit