New computer, Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

macemaster11

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Hello,

I have a newly built computer that I made off of Newegg. When I installed all the parts and power it on, there is no diplay whatsoever. I have tried all the methods to getting it to work as guided by tom's hardware troubleshooting forum topic.

Note: Everything powers on including GPU's fan but no visual display on the monitor.(Tried DVI, HDMI, and the DVI-VGA convertor)

Here are my specs:
Intel i5-2400 @3.10GHz
Corsair 8GB Vengance DDR3 (2x4gb sticks)
500gb hdd, 2tb hdd
PNY GTX 560Ti
Antec basiq 550w

Solution

Unless you put the 560 in partway or backwards, or forgot to connect the two 6-pin supplementary power connectors . . . uh, yeah :)

macemaster11

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
There is no visual display whatsoever I did the breadboard technique with every component individually installed. trying different methods. I think its the graphics card since I tried it on another custom build desktop, having the same problem.

Motherboard: asus p8p67 le
with no memory it beeps, like normal

macemaster11

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Yes I did try my other graphics card and it works on it perfectly fine, I can configure the BIOS, and install an operating system on it. So does it this mean that my GPU is faulty?

Edit: The working GPU was a HD 4850

macemaster11

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Alright, well that serves as the best answer for me. I contacted PNY tech support and they told me to get a bigger PSU. But I don't think thats the issue since it works on the other PC too! Thanks a lot for helping me out!

ElbowsMcGee

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Do you get a display from plugging your monitor into the standard VGA connection on your motherboard? Sometimes you have to disable the default vga, to enable your graphics card input.

macemaster11

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011

My motherboard doesn't have on board graphics. The problems been resolved, it was a faulty GPU. I got the broken RMA'd and got a new one today, it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.