Will this power supply be enough?

Hey I'm looking into getting a new rig and wondering if a 1000 watt psu will be enough to power it. Here are the specs:

Intel i7 3960X
Kingston HyperX 2133MHz 16GB
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD x2 in RAID-0
1 TB sata 3 HDD
2xGTX580 in SLI

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about will power supply enough
  1. As long as it is quality 1000w will be fine. For that level of SLi, a 80 Plus Certified is a minimum with Bronze, Gold and Silver being better. Use only trusted brands such as Antec, Corsair, Silverstone, XFX, or Seasonic.
  2. Where are you buying from and what is your budget?
  3. Im running 2x480 and a 3930 @4.6 with a ultra 850 modular..
  4. Its a corsair HX series so i think it should be fine
  5. For a system using two GeForce GTX 580 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 900 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 62 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin and two 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

The Corsair Professional Series HX1000W (CMPSU-1000HX), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 80 Amps and two 6-pin and four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient for your system configuration.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Kingston Components