Windows Media Player, Help needed!!!

August 4, 2004 12:36:55 AM

I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself almost every
20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just didn`t want to
uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!! What do I do!?

Thank You in advance
--
Tafra Stipe

A European campaign collects signatures for referendums in all EU countries
about the proposal for a constitution for the EU. Go to the web page
http://www.eu04.com/ where you can read about the campaign and sign the
petition.

More about : windows media player needed

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 12:36:56 AM

Hi

WMP 10 is still in beta and not recommended for normal usage. You were informed not to use it for day to day use and its usage might result in loss of data.

well the only option will be to revert to the old status by restoring or going for a fresh install
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Tafra Stipe Ginov" wrote:

> I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
> version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself almost every
> 20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just didn`t want to
> uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!! What do I do!?
>

> Thank You in advance
> --
> Tafra Stipe
>
> A European campaign collects signatures for referendums in all EU countries
> about the proposal for a constitution for the EU. Go to the web page
> http://www.eu04.com/ where you can read about the campaign and sign the
> petition.

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 1:08:48 AM

Tafra Stipe Ginov wrote:
> I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
> version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself
> almost every 20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just
> didn`t want to uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!!
> What do I do!?
>

> Thank You in advance

Well if you're not able to read and follow a simple warning, then you
deserve everything that happens. You will now need to format and reinstall.
lose his marbles?
August 4, 2004 12:37:01 PM

Search for..MS have built a car but haven`t to put an engine inside of it!
Very smart! I said help needed, no false advices. Something concrete. If
don`t have it than thank You.
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 4:35:25 PM

Tafra Stipe Ginov wrote:
> Search for..MS have built a car but haven`t to put an engine inside
> of it! Very smart! I said help needed, no false advices. Something
> concrete. If don`t have it than thank You.

You're the one who isn't "very smart". WMP10 is BETA. Let me quote the
warning. Unfortunately, the site isn't available in Croatian, or maybe
you're Bulgarian - it's not available in that, either.

"This is a technical beta release. Before you decide whether to install this
software, it is important to understand that the technical beta release does
not have the stability of released Microsoft software. You might encounter
problems with this release of the software that could possibly result in a
loss or destruction of data. This release is not for production use, and we
suggest that you run the software in a test environment or back up your
existing data, including music and video files, before you install and run
the software on your computer."

You failed to heed that warning, and now you're whining because you're
having problems. We have given you "something concrete". If you don't like
it, tough. Not our problem. You'll just have to live with yours.

lose his marbles?
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 3:23:24 AM

Did you ever consider system restore? Or even telling the OP to post in
microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta and get help there?

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others...
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
-----

news:o hSPc.131$hJ2.86@fe48.usenetserver.com...
> Tafra Stipe Ginov wrote:
>> I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
>> version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself
>> almost every 20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just
>> didn`t want to uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!!
>> What do I do!?
>>

>> Thank You in advance
>

> Well if you're not able to read and follow a simple warning, then you
> deserve everything that happens. You will now need to format and
> reinstall.
> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 1:31:13 AM

Did you ever consider system restore? Or even telling the OP to post in
microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta and get help there?

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtop...
-----

"PCyr" <johndoe532004AThotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
> Did you ever consider system restore? Or even telling the OP to post in
> microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta and get help there?
>
> --
> Paul Cyr
>
> -----
>
> The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com
>
> Protect Yourself and Others...
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
> -----
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
> news:o hSPc.131$hJ2.86@fe48.usenetserver.com...
>> Tafra Stipe Ginov wrote:
>>> I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
>>> version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself
>>> almost every 20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just
>>> didn`t want to uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!!
>>> What do I do!?
>>>

>>> Thank You in advance
>>

>> Well if you're not able to read and follow a simple warning, then you
>> deserve everything that happens. You will now need to format and
>> reinstall.
>> --
>> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
>> lose his marbles?

Anonymous
August 8, 2004 2:03:53 PM

"Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
|MS. Tick--
|
|Wake Up. All software is beta 24 X 7. What have you been doing with a PC? Don't get fooled by the name. You didn't really
think the term RTM/Gold meant bugs just went bye bye did you? Do you think SP2 if the beta site ever gets back up is all of a sudden
not Beta and bug free? Try it with a panopoly of antivirus products (MSFT Antivirus isn't for sale ...just yet) as for example
Norton plays the game of trickling out corrective patches when they had the basic code to do so for months. Try it with a gamut of
Intel products. Intel is the large company who profits significantly when MSFT releases a service pack or an OS. Both are
"Platinum Partners"--that means when MSFT releases an upgrade--they have a platinum cash cow on their hands. As in the case of
Symantec they play games and withold patches hoping to sell yellow boxes with 2005 on them.

|Bottom Line: If it's software, Ms. Tick it's Beta and it always will be until the CD disintegrates. That's part of the fun. Some
has done been more beta and some has done been less.

Chad,

Wake up *yourself* !

Research the definition of "BETA Software"

And, you are still posting in HTML.

In Outlook Express, use *both* of the following settings to prevent the parent's HTML from propagating.

Tools | Options |
[Y] "Read all messages in plain text"

Tools | Options | Send |
[_] 'Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent'
---
Jan
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 6:23:45 PM

Tafra--

You can do it one other way besides using SR:

http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html#wmp10rollback

There is an alternative besides using System Restore to get back to Windows
Media Player 9 in case you don't have suitable or healthy restore
points--but if you do, it's a quick way.

Here is how to uninstall WMP 10. This comes from a reliable source--and you
would have found it on the Windows Media Player group here or the
microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player group by scrolling a little or doing a
search. The Windows Media groups are the best place to get information,
although I understand many people going to an XP group since it's part of
XP.

This is from a reliable source. It comes from a member of the Windows Media
Team at Microsoft, Zach Robinson, who has a WMP website goes by zachd, and
is a frequent contributor on the WMP sites. He has a web site here:

http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

Zach's instructions for rolling back WMP 10 to 9 are here, and one of his
articles on MSFT's Web Site is below:

http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html#wmp10rollback

Blogging to a Different Tune: Using Windows XP and the Windows Media Player
9 Blogging Plug
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/windowsmediapl...

As you can see, there is a lot of interest in rolling back 10.
http://www.greghughes.net/rant/CommentView,guid,f43bb8a...

I like being an early adopter of MSFT software, but I took a look at the
gamut of problems people were having with 10 (I used WMP 9 Beta but my
problems were few and corrected by reinstalling WMP 9 from the MSFT site
which may also be a solution with 10. My theory was that I was doing kind
of a down and dirty specific Windows File Protection manuever specific to
WMP by redownloading it, but whatever--it worked well. Redownloading is
often a solution to fixing 9 or any version of WMP. BTW XP retains an older
version of WMP--if you go to the run box and type in "mplayer2" you'll see
version 6.4.09.1130 pop up.

You and others may find this additional reference that is a recent page on
Microsoft's website by John Shaw from Microsoft helpful in respect to WMP 9
errors when you get back to it. John writes a number of columns on their
WMP site.

Troubleshooting Windows Media Player Error Messages
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/p...

Chad Harris

!