Windows Media Player, Help needed!!!

I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself almost every
20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just didn`t want to
uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!! What do I do!?

Thank You in advance
--
Tafra Stipe

A European campaign collects signatures for referendums in all EU countries
about the proposal for a constitution for the EU. Go to the web page
http://www.eu04.com/ where you can read about the campaign and sign the
petition.
8 answers Last reply
More about windows media player needed

    Hi

    WMP 10 is still in beta and not recommended for normal usage. You were informed not to use it for day to day use and its usage might result in loss of data.

    well the only option will be to revert to the old status by restoring or going for a fresh install
    --
    Regards
    M. Rajesh

    Tafra Stipe Ginov wrote:
    > I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
    > version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself
    > almost every 20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just
    > didn`t want to uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!!
    > What do I do!?
    >

    > Thank You in advance

    Well if you're not able to read and follow a simple warning, then you
    deserve everything that happens. You will now need to format and reinstall.
    lose his marbles?

    Search for..MS have built a car but haven`t to put an engine inside of it!
    Very smart! I said help needed, no false advices. Something concrete. If
    don`t have it than thank You.

    Tafra Stipe Ginov wrote:
    > Search for..MS have built a car but haven`t to put an engine inside
    > of it! Very smart! I said help needed, no false advices. Something
    > concrete. If don`t have it than thank You.

    You're the one who isn't "very smart". WMP10 is BETA. Let me quote the
    warning. Unfortunately, the site isn't available in Croatian, or maybe
    you're Bulgarian - it's not available in that, either.

    "This is a technical beta release. Before you decide whether to install this
    software, it is important to understand that the technical beta release does
    not have the stability of released Microsoft software. You might encounter
    problems with this release of the software that could possibly result in a
    loss or destruction of data. This release is not for production use, and we
    suggest that you run the software in a test environment or back up your
    existing data, including music and video files, before you install and run
    the software on your computer."

    You failed to heed that warning, and now you're whining because you're
    having problems. We have given you "something concrete". If you don't like
    it, tough. Not our problem. You'll just have to live with yours.

    lose his marbles?

    Did you ever consider system restore? Or even telling the OP to post in
    microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta and get help there?

    --
    Paul Cyr

    -----

    The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

    Protect Yourself and Others...
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
    -----

    > Tafra Stipe Ginov wrote:
    >> I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
    >> version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself
    >> almost every 20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just
    >> didn`t want to uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!!
    >> What do I do!?
    >>

    >> Thank You in advance
    >

    > Well if you're not able to read and follow a simple warning, then you
    > deserve everything that happens. You will now need to format and
    > reinstall.
    > --
    > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
    > lose his marbles?

    Did you ever consider system restore? Or even telling the OP to post in
    microsoft.public.windowsmedia.beta and get help there?

    --
    Paul Cyr

    -----

    The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

    Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
    http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
    -----

    "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    |MS. Tick--
    |
    |Wake Up. All software is beta 24 X 7. What have you been doing with a PC? Don't get fooled by the name. You didn't really
    think the term RTM/Gold meant bugs just went bye bye did you? Do you think SP2 if the beta site ever gets back up is all of a sudden
    not Beta and bug free? Try it with a panopoly of antivirus products (MSFT Antivirus isn't for sale ...just yet) as for example
    Norton plays the game of trickling out corrective patches when they had the basic code to do so for months. Try it with a gamut of
    Intel products. Intel is the large company who profits significantly when MSFT releases a service pack or an OS. Both are
    "Platinum Partners"--that means when MSFT releases an upgrade--they have a platinum cash cow on their hands. As in the case of
    Symantec they play games and withold patches hoping to sell yellow boxes with 2005 on them.

    |Bottom Line: If it's software, Ms. Tick it's Beta and it always will be until the CD disintegrates. That's part of the fun. Some
    has done been more beta and some has done been less.

    Chad,

    Wake up *yourself* !

    Research the definition of "BETA Software"

    And, you are still posting in HTML.

    In Outlook Express, use *both* of the following settings to prevent the parent's HTML from propagating.

    Tools | Options |
    [Y] "Read all messages in plain text"

    Tools | Options | Send |
    [_] 'Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent'
    ---
    Jan

    Tafra--

    You can do it one other way besides using SR:

    http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html#wmp10rollback

    There is an alternative besides using System Restore to get back to Windows
    Media Player 9 in case you don't have suitable or healthy restore
    points--but if you do, it's a quick way.

    Here is how to uninstall WMP 10. This comes from a reliable source--and you
    would have found it on the Windows Media Player group here or the
    microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player group by scrolling a little or doing a
    search. The Windows Media groups are the best place to get information,
    although I understand many people going to an XP group since it's part of
    XP.

    This is from a reliable source. It comes from a member of the Windows Media
    Team at Microsoft, Zach Robinson, who has a WMP website goes by zachd, and
    is a frequent contributor on the WMP sites. He has a web site here:

    http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

    Zach's instructions for rolling back WMP 10 to 9 are here, and one of his
    articles on MSFT's Web Site is below:

    http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html#wmp10rollback

    Blogging to a Different Tune: Using Windows XP and the Windows Media Player
    9 Blogging Plug
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/windowsmediaplayer/expert/robinson_03april17.mspx

    As you can see, there is a lot of interest in rolling back 10.
    http://www.greghughes.net/rant/CommentView,guid,f43bb8aa-bd91-4130-bf9d-039706bfcc25.aspx

    I like being an early adopter of MSFT software, but I took a look at the
    gamut of problems people were having with 10 (I used WMP 9 Beta but my
    problems were few and corrected by reinstalling WMP 9 from the MSFT site
    which may also be a solution with 10. My theory was that I was doing kind
    of a down and dirty specific Windows File Protection manuever specific to
    WMP by redownloading it, but whatever--it worked well. Redownloading is
    often a solution to fixing 9 or any version of WMP. BTW XP retains an older
    version of WMP--if you go to the run box and type in "mplayer2" you'll see
    version 6.4.09.1130 pop up.

    You and others may find this additional reference that is a recent page on
    Microsoft's website by John Shaw from Microsoft helpful in respect to WMP 9
    errors when you get back to it. John writes a number of columns on their
    WMP site.

    Troubleshooting Windows Media Player Error Messages
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx

    Chad Harris

    "Tafra Stipe Ginov" <tafraginov@vodatel.net> wrote in message
    I have severe and serious problems with my PC, since I downloaded test
    version of WMP 10. Computer is working slow and restarts itself almost every
    20 minutes. I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it just didn`t want to
    uninstall. I use MS XP Professional. Help needed!!! What do I do!?

    Thank You in advance
    --
    Tafra Stipe

    A European campaign collects signatures for referendums in all EU countries
    about the proposal for a constitution for the EU. Go to the web page
    http://www.eu04.com/ where you can read about the campaign and sign the
    petition.

Configuration Customization Media Player Windows XP