dumpy112

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Someone from the store I went to recommended the nzxt lexa s black line and it has good enough airflow to house a gaming pc does it? And will I be disappointed if I buy it.

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
The nzxt phantom is a very nice case and has good reviews/performance. However it can be limiting with large CPU coolers and other overly large components.

The HAF 912,922 and 932 are fantastic looking cases with great performance they also dont really have problems fitting things in.

Similar to the HAF are the Antec DF series and the 1200, large cases great performance.

A different looking case, again great cooling, is the Silverstone Raven 03, this is a little different as it mounts the mobo on a 90 degree angle.

All of these are obviously in a high price range, any idea on how much your wanting to spend?

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
The antec 1200 is the pre-desessor to the DF-85, the df-85 comes with a few extra features which makes it a little better, ~ the same price its moreso to do with the colour you prefer.

With myself I basically look at the size I want, then the performance charts for that size after that I use the top performers and pick which looks best for my tastes, at the moment im using a DF-85 and have 0 complaints.

I tend to say bigger is better as you never know what you will upgrade to in the future, also I would always go over what is "needed" for the same reason.

You can pick up a DF-85 for roughly £120 which is a very fair price.

The HAF 932 seems to be favoured by the massess however and many people choose these over the antec.

All in all really what you need to think about is looks, at the end of the day taking your favourite looking one from the best performers will allow you to be happy every time you see your pc.

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Okay, you have 3 choices.

Corsair 500R

Corsair 600T (White/Black)

Corsair 800D

All other choices are null and void.

Reason 1 - Cable Management - the Corsair Series has the best ever Cable Management

Reason 2 - Looks - The Cosair Series look awesome

Reason 3 - Performance - The Corsair series are top performers.

Reason 4 - Corsair - Corsair is Corsair like ASUS is ASUS. So buy CorSUS.

??? Profit

Srsly though, the first 3 points are true.

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
double post, nice...

and DJ.... corsair are all fantastic but me personally im not a fan of the looks, especially the 800d, too bland.

Yes performance and cable management are great but I would never buy a corsair and saying that you only have 3 choices is stupidly narrow minded.

Personal opinion always comes into play with cases, give the man some options and try to sound like less of a fanboy (who doesnt actually own a corsair case)

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Always cerealface Siggy.

I just got excited by the reveiws of the Corsair cases I was looking at today.

Unless something prettier than the 600T White gets released my next build is having one.

And yeah, the 800D bland now, but chuck some LEDs in there and that huge side panel window will light up like a christmas tree.

And the 400/500R is amazing value.

Theyve hit the nail on the head for the Mid - High end Market.

Other choices include The Coolermaster HAF X/932 and the Coolermaster Storm Series cases (I much prefer the Storm ones)

I don't think I'll ever buy an Antec Case again - while the performance is amazing its old fashioned and nowhere near as easy to operate as the newer designs.

Silverstone have some amazing performing cases and I have to say are the most innovitive of the lot, but the Silverstone cases are like Marmite. You either love em or hate em, and I hate em.

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
After looking at the 600t for a while, I will say it is an extremely nice case and from ALMOST every angle it is lovely.

The inside is compact but neat and functional, the overall shape of the case is great, the window is a little small but it works.

HOWEVER i could never buy that case due to the front of it..... it just seems like they just went *** IT and slapped a generic front on it.

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009

Your missing the fact that it has a Turqiouse LED fan at the front. Its rather large too.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

ive managed to squeese a full size atx board into an antec 300 (smaller than the 900 and a lot smaller than the 1200)

personally i think the best thing to do is, decide on a motherboard

find out its dimentions and then look for a case that will fit, remember to also factor in the width of the case if you are going to fit in an aftermarket cooler.

I have three Antec 900 cases, bought back when they were one of the few true gaming cases. Great cooling; truly nonexistent cable management. I sort of like the Early Industrial styling.

If I were standardizing on a case today, I'd probably get the Corsair 650.