Wonder what they modeled the landscpae of the Ruins and go..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

http://mayaruins.com/tikal.html

Interesting find... that ruin looks exactly like the one in the Ruins
part of Sonic Adventure, and I guess the name of the ghost entity of
those ruins comes from the name of these ruins. Sort of cool.

God I loved that game, so much nostalgia and memories.
--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

Shinnokxz wrote:

> http://mayaruins.com/tikal.html
>
> Interesting find... that ruin looks exactly like the one in the Ruins
> part of Sonic Adventure, and I guess the name of the ghost entity of
> those ruins comes from the name of these ruins. Sort of cool.
>
> God I loved that game, so much nostalgia and memories.
> --
> Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
> Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

It could very well be where they got the textures from. When they set
out to make Sonic Adventure 2, the team actually flew all over the world
getting various pics of plants, scenery, etc. to use in the game.

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
- Marcus Hill, Narc