GA-970A-UD3 and G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL BSOD

drarkanex

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I've had numerous and random BSODs since installing this set. My Processor is AMD Phenom II 965 x4. I do somehow suspect maybe my CPU can't handle the 1600 DDR3 memory and if that's true, what is a good work around in BIOS to keep the BSODs from happening.

Here are my current BIOS settings for Memory Timings:
0JKH6.jpg

Which is supposed to be correct as these G.Skills are rated at 9-9-9-24 for 1600mhz. This is the first time i've messed with DDR3 and I'm aware that i'll have to do things manually. But I could use a nudge here. The random bluescreens are with different things. IRQL, Memory Management, and other Stop #'s like 0x7e and 0x7a. All of them are completely random and different.

Here is the link to my memory: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=355

Any other information you need, just ask.

TIA

drarkanex

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Well, i've played around with it some more and i've put the memory in Ganged mode with the same settings and it's been running with no problems... I don't really like running in Ganged mode but unless someone else has any more ideas about this, i'll just stick to this... i'm not trying to OC it, i just want it to run stable.

drarkanex

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I also have the Black Edition Deneb so that's the reason why it is working for a while and then BSODs. Just have to tweak it a bit more.

My CPU is AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX