Sign in with
Your question

Displaying dvd full screen on second monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 25, 2011 9:42:20 AM

I want to run a two monitor display so that when I play a dvd or a video in say windows media player on monitor1 the end result needed is it displays normally in its little player box on monitor1 but displays it full screen on monitor2. I don't want to clone it because I want the monitor2 to display anything but say the desktop background. I am running window 7 home premium using ATI Radeon HD5670 video card. I've tried heaps of things but either I'm not seeing something or it won't happen in windows 7. Or I got a card that won't allow it.
I was previosly using XP and a navidia card not sure what model, but it worked fine using "extended display"

Hopeful
a c 140 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 25, 2011 1:39:25 PM

Check Catalyst Control Center for a setting called "Theater Mode". I think this is what you're looking for.

I also found this Tom's Hardware Review.

-Wolf sends
m
l
a c 158 U Graphics card
a c 98 C Monitor
August 25, 2011 2:05:31 PM

You can't play 2 video windows that way. You need to drag the video window to the second monitor and maximize it, you can't leave a preview of that screen on your main monitor.
m
l
Related resources
August 26, 2011 12:02:39 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Check Catalyst Control Center for a setting called "Theater Mode". I think this is what you're looking for.

I also found this Tom's Hardware Review.

-Wolf sends

Now where was that setting, I know it 's here somewhere, I saw it. I can't find it in the video settings as I thought.
The Catalyst Control Centre window is different to the one shown in your link. mine is 06-2011
m
l
August 26, 2011 12:03:34 AM

hang-the-9 said:
You can't play 2 video windows that way. You need to drag the video window to the second monitor and maximize it, you can't leave a preview of that screen on your main monitor.

You mean you can't do it on widows 7?
It did work that way on XP without any draging windows around fine.

Some things in 7 are better and some wworse but that's probably because you can't satisfy everyone.
m
l
a c 158 U Graphics card
a c 98 C Monitor
August 26, 2011 3:06:14 PM

I think you are correct, when I looked this up, people were saying it worked in XP but not in 7.
m
l
!