Sign in with
Your question

Help plz, computer crashes when playing games

Last response: in Motherboards
November 24, 2012 9:11:35 PM

my pc was runing fine then all of a sudden when it started to freeze and crash noblue screen just a weird sound like the sound was lagging then it just freezes. this happens 2min into any game i play no matter what game it is it does this right at the 2 min mark. there is one eception league of legends plays fine but no other game will. games that use to play fine still freeze. the pc is less then a year old.

i have cleaned the pc and put new thermal paste. i checked the temp before the crash and its between 47-50 C . im not over clocking and all my fans work. i have tested everything that has to do with heat issues. i tested the gpu and the cpu and they are both low on temp under heavy load. i have a half case and it has great ventalation and fans. i put the fans to max just to see and it still freezes at 2 mins.

i tryed updating every driver on my pc i reinstalled windows and updated everything on my pc to the latest drivers then i tryed rolling the drivers back to later dated updates to see if any of them work. nothing changed it still freezes.

i can play movies or steams like utube and netfix with no problem.

i tested the ram to see if it was bad and it wasnt. i checked for virus and adware and it was clean.

i downloaded a bunch of programs that were suppose to help find this problem cuz i thought it was just the games falt and the online help couldnt find the problem.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.30, 8/15/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.91 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.59 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.1 GB
Page File Space 7.91 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Device ID 6739
Vendor ID 1002
Subsystem ID E174
Subsystem Vendor ID 174B
Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express 2.0
Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0 x16
BIOS Version 013.012.000.021
BIOS Part Number 113-C223P-X007
BIOS Date 2011/06/20
Memory Size 1024 MB
Memory Type GDDR5
Core Clock in MHz 775 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 1000 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s 128.0 GByte/s
a b V Motherboard
November 24, 2012 9:40:14 PM

Sounds like a bad power supply, or under powered power supply unit.
m
l
November 24, 2012 10:28:07 PM

is there a way i can test if its a power supply. im running a tx 750
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 25, 2012 1:43:58 PM

If you have a digital volt meter and you know what your doing, you can back probe the 24 pin connector, your 4/8 pin cpu connector, and your PCIe connectors for your video card. Just do a search on each connector to see voltage value for the wire color or pinout. Double check your PCIe connector to make sure it is in the locked position and no pins have been pushed back.
m
l
November 25, 2012 2:43:57 PM

I may not be very experienced with Hardware problems but I can atleast tell you one thing to try? Remove your RAM and take an eraser and rub it over the gold contacts to remove anything that may be stuck to them.

Goodluck with your problem. =(
m
l
!