Forced to choose between overpriced or crap. [PSU]

internetswag

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
You can skip the intro if you want.

[Intro]

So I was speaking to the regional manager of Chaos Computers (South Africa's largest computer component selling company) You may have heard me mention them before.

I was planning on picking up a Antec High Current Gamer 620w, since it's listed on their website. I phoned today and I guess I was 'lucky' enough to have their regional manager pick up the phone. He told me that they no longer sell Antec, Coolermaster or Corsair as well as some other brands. Also stated that they don't plan on doing so anytime during the future.

Then he went on to say they only stock Huntkey, Thermaltake and Cougar PSU's atm.

At this rate my mind = blown at the fact that they would not import cheap, effective PSU's like Corsair and Antec. But anyways let's get on back on topic.

[/Intro]

I have to choose between cheap high wattage PSU's or completely overpriced ones.

These are my options.

Cougar Power Supply CM750 - $125
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 575W - $150
Thermaltake Litepower 700W - $150
Huntkey 650W Titan - $112
Huntkey Max 700W APFC Power Supply - $100

*shrug* I don't know what I am going to do, which one would you choose?

System: i3 2120, Radeon 6870, Z68 motherboard, 2 Fans, 1 LED Fan, 1 Fan Controller, 3 USB devices, 1 HDD @ 7200rpms, 2 x 4gb DDR3 sticks in dual channel.

I think that covers any possible power usage. I know a decent 500w Corsair could run this no problems. But now I've hit a hiccup.