Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Speed Data Transfer

Last response: in Systems
October 24, 2011 7:08:28 AM

Good Day all, I have a problem regarding transfer data speed, And here's my system spec 1st.
Quad Core Q9300 2.5 Ghz
KVR KINGSTON 4GB 1333 Mhz X4= 16GB
Asus ENGTS450
Asus P5P43TD PRO
CM SILENT PRO M600 WATT
CM V8 FAN COOLER
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 500GB X2 ( RAID 0 )
SAMSUNG 2TB
WD 2TB
HITACHI 500GB
SAMSUNG 500GB
CM HAF932
120MM FAN CM X3 UNIT
140MM FAN AEROCOOL
LG IDE DVD WRITTER X2

Here's my problem, when i transfer few files at each file the size at around 2-3gb it would only take a few seconds and the rate is around 130mb/second to 90 mb/second . but the problem is when i try to transfer big file around 500gb suddenly it would down from 130mb/second to 40 or 35 mb/second in just a few seconds only and at the same time at indicator bar transfer said it would finish around 1 hour...then suddenly 8 hour ......i'm abit loss as what is happening actually ...is my system having a problem?i mean is it hardware or software? i already do fresh format and update all the latest driver for each hardware. i'm using WIN7 PRO. i also didn't do anything when the transfer occured as not to burden the system but still the transfer rate is slow.... How can i increase my data transfer rate and is my system have any bottleneck in a way that i didn't know? The file that i'm transfering most of it all are movie file example blue ray film and edited film that i taken from my digital camera....please guys can some guide me regarding this issue and THANKS in advance...

More about : speed data transfer

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
October 24, 2011 10:43:04 AM

When tranferring very large files a system cannot buffer nearly enough to transfer at a reasonable rate.

As for burdening the system, if you are copying from a non-system drive to a non-system drive you can pretty much do what you want without effecting the transfer enough to be noticable.

Only solution, SATA 3 / 6Gbps will improve the transfer rate.
November 3, 2011 6:27:42 AM

Best answer selected by Dunhill79.
m
l
!