bluetooth problems

Hi,

I am using a Motorola v600 which I connect to my PC using a bluetooth
connection. Initially this worked fine without any problems, I was able to
transfer images/ringtones/java games to my phone using Windows XP built in
Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. This appears as an icon in the taskbar that
allows you to add bluetooth devices & send & receive files to the phone.

However, today I have tried to send files using the same method as before
yet it never works - I get the following error message. I know that the
bluetooth connection is alive as it still shows the device & it also seems
to read the sim card data using another application called "mobile Phone
Tools"

"Cannot Complete the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard
The file transfer was not succesful.

Sent to: v600
Filename name: wallpaper.jpg
A socket operation failed because the destination host was down"

Anyone got any ideas on the problem?

P.S Using window xp pro sp2
2 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth problems

    "***JB" <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using a Motorola v600 which I connect to my PC using a bluetooth
    > connection. Initially this worked fine without any problems, I was able to
    > transfer images/ringtones/java games to my phone using Windows XP built in
    > Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. This appears as an icon in the taskbar
    > that
    > allows you to add bluetooth devices & send & receive files to the phone.
    >
    > However, today I have tried to send files using the same method as before
    > yet it never works - I get the following error message. I know that the
    > bluetooth connection is alive as it still shows the device & it also seems
    > to read the sim card data using another application called "mobile Phone
    > Tools"
    >
    > "Cannot Complete the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard
    > The file transfer was not succesful.
    >
    > Sent to: v600
    > Filename name: wallpaper.jpg
    > A socket operation failed because the destination host was down"
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas on the problem?
    >
    > P.S Using window xp pro sp2

    Have you enabled the built-in firewall on SP2? You may have to configure it
    to allow some Bluetooth communication to happen.

    H,

    For some reason its working again, I've got no idea why though :) thanks
    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > "***JB" <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am using a Motorola v600 which I connect to my PC using a bluetooth
    >> connection. Initially this worked fine without any problems, I was able
    >> transfer images/ringtones/java games to my phone using Windows XP built
    >> in
    >> Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. This appears as an icon in the taskbar
    >> that
    >> allows you to add bluetooth devices & send & receive files to the phone.
    >>
    >> However, today I have tried to send files using the same method as before
    >> yet it never works - I get the following error message. I know that the
    >> bluetooth connection is alive as it still shows the device & it also
    >> seems
    >> to read the sim card data using another application called "mobile Phone
    >> Tools"
    >>
    >> "Cannot Complete the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard
    >> The file transfer was not succesful.
    >>
    >> Sent to: v600
    >> Filename name: wallpaper.jpg
    >> A socket operation failed because the destination host was down"
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas on the problem?
    >>
    >> P.S Using window xp pro sp2
    >
    > Have you enabled the built-in firewall on SP2? You may have to configure
    > it to allow some Bluetooth communication to happen.

    > Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
    > Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon as
    > they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344

Bluetooth Connection File Transfer