bluetooth problems

Last response: in Technologies
December 4, 2004 7:20:14 AM

Hi,

I am using a Motorola v600 which I connect to my PC using a bluetooth
connection. Initially this worked fine without any problems, I was able to
transfer images/ringtones/java games to my phone using Windows XP built in
Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. This appears as an icon in the taskbar that
allows you to add bluetooth devices & send & receive files to the phone.

However, today I have tried to send files using the same method as before
yet it never works - I get the following error message. I know that the
bluetooth connection is alive as it still shows the device & it also seems
to read the sim card data using another application called "mobile Phone
Tools"

"Cannot Complete the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard
The file transfer was not succesful.

Sent to: v600
Filename name: wallpaper.jpg
A socket operation failed because the destination host was down"

Anyone got any ideas on the problem?

P.S Using window xp pro sp2

More about : bluetooth problems

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 9:12:25 PM

"***JB" <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using a Motorola v600 which I connect to my PC using a bluetooth
> connection. Initially this worked fine without any problems, I was able to
> transfer images/ringtones/java games to my phone using Windows XP built in
> Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. This appears as an icon in the taskbar
> that
> allows you to add bluetooth devices & send & receive files to the phone.
>
> However, today I have tried to send files using the same method as before
> yet it never works - I get the following error message. I know that the
> bluetooth connection is alive as it still shows the device & it also seems
> to read the sim card data using another application called "mobile Phone
> Tools"
>
> "Cannot Complete the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard
> The file transfer was not succesful.
>
> Sent to: v600
> Filename name: wallpaper.jpg
> A socket operation failed because the destination host was down"
>
> Anyone got any ideas on the problem?
>
> P.S Using window xp pro sp2

Have you enabled the built-in firewall on SP2? You may have to configure it
to allow some Bluetooth communication to happen.

December 4, 2004 9:12:26 PM

H,

For some reason its working again, I've got no idea why though :)  thanks
news:p Gbsd.13591$3U4.298190@news02.tsnz.net...

!