Need advice! re: bought a new camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
April 15, 2005 10:46:01 AM

I bought a Digital Rebel..

I LOVE it.

Now here's the problem. In order to halp pay for a lens, I need to get rid
of at least one of the cameras I have. My wife does a lot of stuff on Ebay
so here is my question.

Ive got a Sony 717 with 2 (new) Sony Brand batteries, the Sony external flash
for that camera, charger, 3 128 mb Sony memory sticks, and Sony lens hood.

What would be a reasonable reserve price for that unit??? I know a lot of
people hate the Sony brand, but a lot of people like them too, so Im hoping
not to get flamed here. Its just that Ive never sold anything this way
before.

The camera is in excellent condition, and has taken about 3000 photos.

I have looked around Ebay and other places and have seen the price very low,
and Ive seen it very high, and most of the low prices were either re-furbs,
or cameras that werent being sold by anyone with a good rating.

This is NOT an FS post, Im simply looking for reasonable recommendations from
people who might have done the same thing.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

More about : advice bought camera

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 2:50:05 PM

Really the reserve is the lowest price you are willing to take for whatever
you are selling.

"Larry" <lastingimagery@comcast.dotnet> wrote in message
>I bought a Digital Rebel..
>
> I LOVE it.
>
> Now here's the problem. In order to halp pay for a lens, I need to get
> rid
> of at least one of the cameras I have. My wife does a lot of stuff on
> Ebay
> so here is my question.
>
> Ive got a Sony 717 with 2 (new) Sony Brand batteries, the Sony external
> flash
> for that camera, charger, 3 128 mb Sony memory sticks, and Sony lens hood.
>
> What would be a reasonable reserve price for that unit??? I know a lot of
> people hate the Sony brand, but a lot of people like them too, so Im
> hoping
> not to get flamed here. Its just that Ive never sold anything this way
> before.
>
> The camera is in excellent condition, and has taken about 3000 photos.
>
> I have looked around Ebay and other places and have seen the price very
> low,
> and Ive seen it very high, and most of the low prices were either
> re-furbs,
> or cameras that werent being sold by anyone with a good rating.
>
> This is NOT an FS post, Im simply looking for reasonable recommendations
> from
> people who might have done the same thing.
>

> --
> Larry Lynch
> Mystic, Ct.
April 15, 2005 2:50:06 PM

In article <x%M7e.12123$5F3.4838@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, no@email.com
says...
> Really the reserve is the lowest price you are willing to take for whatever
> you are selling.

I know how the reserve works, I just dont want to screw myself by setting it
lower than a reasonable value for the item. IOW I dont want to rip anybody
off, but I want to get as much as I can, and I dont know the starting point.

I'll probably just look at the pricing on current 5mp units and settle on a
number (I dont think anybody has built a better 5mp digicam)

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Larry...I don't know how bad you need money now, but what I do is donate my
old electronics to schools and churches....I get a better charitable
donation tax break next year then I would get by outright selling the item.
A lot of people are sceptical of buying used electronics. Just an idea.

> In article <x%M7e.12123$5F3.4838@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, no@email.com
> says...
>> Really the reserve is the lowest price you are willing to take for
>> whatever
>> you are selling.
>>

> I know how the reserve works, I just dont want to screw myself by setting
> it
> lower than a reasonable value for the item. IOW I dont want to rip anybody
> off, but I want to get as much as I can, and I dont know the starting
> point.
>
> I'll probably just look at the pricing on current 5mp units and settle on
> number (I dont think anybody has built a better 5mp digicam)
>

> --
> Larry Lynch
> Mystic, Ct.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 3:07:05 PM

Try looking at the "completed items" for that camera--good indicator of
true market value.
April 15, 2005 6:18:24 PM

In article <1113588425.127110.51000@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
paul.busse@gmail.com says...
> Try looking at the "completed items" for that camera--good indicator of
> true market value.

I cant even find one on Ebay (Ill have the wife look tonight, she is familiar
with Ebay and I am not.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.